Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I listen to them all plus others because I will not sole-source my information. After listening to multiple opinions I'll apply my intellect in an attempt to sort the wheat from the chaff. It takes effort, for sure, but making informed decisions in a democracy isn't easy.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    I like Washington Gun Law. I’ll check out Tom Grieve….thanks for the tip.
    Both of them are informative...I listen to them all (four boxes, armed scholar, wash gun law and tom grieve) and try to take the average. Also, the Armed Attorneys (from TX) and Langley Outdoors Academy are good...Armed Attorneys being better, IMO.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Both of them are informative...I listen to them all (four boxes, armed scholar, wash gun law and tom grieve) and try to take the average. Also, the Armed Attorneys (from TX) and Langley Outdoors Academy are good...Armed Attorneys being better, IMO.

Langley is good, but is more of a legislative / media channel. It’s not so much legal, but still a good channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    so if four boxes diner or armed scholar are too long winded, who else would you recommend in their place?
    I watch four boxes diner, armed scholar, and probably all of the others mentioned, but I'll add 2 more that I like that I don't think have been brought up: Guns & Gadgets & Heavy Duty Country. They both get to the point quickly, well, that is, after they thank the sponsor of their video and talk about whatever product they're recommending, but I'll just fast forward through that, unless I'm interested in whatever they're representing.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Langley is good, but is more of a legislative / media channel. It’s not so much legal, but still a good channel.

I think Langley is the worst one yet. He seems to like to stir the pot. The other day, he was really pushing the false narrative that MDSP wasn't following the court order on the HQL. Towards the end he did say something along the lines that if the State appealed, the law stays until the case works through the courts. But for the majority of the video, he was really making it sound as if MDSP was giving the finger to the courts with what they put out.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I don't get all the hate for Mark W Smith. Yes, he can be verbose, but some people need to be told more than once before it sinks in, hell, in the MSI Victory thread a member here since 2008 thought that his wife couldn't use one of his pistols to defend herself in the case of a home invasion.

I think MWS is posting to the lowest common denominator.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I don't get all the hate for Mark W Smith. Yes, he can be verbose, but some people need to be told more than once before it sinks in, hell, in the MSI Victory thread a member here since 2008 thought that his wife couldn't use one of his pistols to defend herself in the case of a home invasion.

I think MWS is posting to the lowest common denominator.
    I agree. This audience, with some exceptions, is wildly more informed on this stuff than most. So of course there’s some impatience. It’s a video - scoot ahead! But I have gun owning/carrying acquaintances that absolutely benefit from a more in depth or remedial discussion.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Smith uses the classic model: he tells you what he's going to say, then he says it, then he tells you what he said.

Crank up the playback to maximum, turn on closed captioning, and turn the volume down. That's the only way I can take him.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I think Langley is the worst one yet. He seems to like to stir the pot. The other day, he was really pushing the false narrative that MDSP wasn't following the court order on the HQL. Towards the end he did say something along the lines that if the State appealed, the law stays until the case works through the courts. But for the majority of the video, he was really making it sound as if MDSP was giving the finger to the courts with what they put out.
    MDSP enforces the states laws intended for its subjects as they are told by their overseers. As the states subject you are required to get on your knees and obey until told otherwise.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    armed scholar.

Yeah. Have you ever looked at the repetitive nature of his video titles?

9f19b32f15ec96fa338b7ad9591e3fb6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom