Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    You all could just get the pistol too.
    the 5.56 i bought is a pistol. i want the 7.62 in a rifle. if they will ever make a ruling. i think they are scared to be the first. they rather California or New York lead the way and we just follow them.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    the 5.56 i bought is a pistol. i want the 7.62 in a rifle. if they will ever make a ruling. i think they are scared to be the first. they rather California or New York lead the way and we just follow them.

I bought one of these, it’s Maryland legal. Now, full disclosure some people have had problems with them so if you do some google-fu you’ll find varying thoughts on them. I’ll say I’ve had it for 4 years, put around 500 rounds through it and not had any issue.

eb9f5acc13528a8c16f188e882de332e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I bought one of these, it’s Maryland legal. Now, full disclosure some people have had problems with them so if you do some google-fu you’ll find varying thoughts on them. I’ll say I’ve had it for 4 years, put around 500 rounds through it and not had any issue.

eb9f5acc13528a8c16f188e882de332e.jpg

What makes this Maryland legal?

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    What makes this Maryland legal?

Because it’s not a clone. It’s made in the US and if you put anything other than their parts in it it’ll go boom at least that’s what o was told when I bought it.

However a place like Atlantic Firearms won’t sell it to you but Tyler Firearms will.
    My paperwork went to state police they signed off and I had no issues.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    Because it’s not a clone. It’s made in the US and if you put anything other than their parts in it it’ll go boom at least that’s what o was told when I bought it.

However a place like Atlantic Firearms won’t sell it to you but Tyler Firearms will.
    My paperwork went to state police they signed off and I had no issues.

What happened here? Banned as of 6/11/19 ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-10 100528.png
      Screenshot 2023-05-10 100528.png
      234.6 KB · Views: 148
    • Screenshot 2023-05-10 100528.png
      Screenshot 2023-05-10 100528.png
      234.6 KB · Views: 148

ant

MDS Supporter
    May 12, 2020
    What happened here? Banned as of 6/11/19 ?
    By definition of law it doesn't fit other ak parts kinda like how a fal made on a different measuring dimension is legal in MD because it can't fit the original banned guns parts and thus isn't the same

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Didn’t know that, must’ve happened just after I bought. It was legal up till then. That sucks.
    I don't want to alarm you, but it's illegal right now if the MSP decides they want to make an issue of it. The only good news is that if you can prove you legally bought it, chances are good that they'll allow you forfeit it in lieu of being charged.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    My son built a 7.62x39 AR pistol. He loves it.
    He has an AR10 class in 7.62 on his wish list.
    Brother-in-law has a Sig 716. Very nice rifle. Versatile.
    I here that this sort of set up is popular for feral hog "remediation" in Texas.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    My son built a 7.62x39 AR pistol. He loves it.
    He has an AR10 class in 7.62 on his wish list.
    Brother-in-law has a Sig 716. Very nice rifle. Versatile.
    I here that this sort of set up is popular for feral hog "remediation" in Texas.

I’ve got a Sig 716 as well, it’s a beast. Been a couple times I’ve left the range and had bruises on my shoulder the next day from using it so much.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Looks like a technicality, they were looking for an emergency stay but “challengers had failed to meet the procedural threshold for the emergency action from the Supreme Court.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom