• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    So, Beretta has factory extended barrels available, and EFK Fire Dragon makes them as well. I haven't found any pictures or reports of anyone actually suppressing a PX4 though. Help me brainstorm a way to make this work with the rotating barrel, how would the suppressor stay in place without ghetto-fabbing something up?

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Silencerco did a video of their Osprey on a PX4 in .45, and posted in on YouTube. It's a crap host.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    So, Beretta has factory extended barrels available, and EFK Fire Dragon makes them as well. I haven't found any pictures or reports of anyone actually suppressing a PX4 though. Help me brainstorm a way to make this work with the rotating barrel, how would the suppressor stay in place without ghetto-fabbing something up?

I just checked the Beretta Forum where someone asked. What they got were suggestions for a 92F (non-rotating barrel).

I thought about this myself, but figured that I would need a few things to make it work, the first being an extended barrel that could be threaded. You 'could' possibly use a full-size Px4 barrel on a Px4 compact (not sub-compact, it's a fixed barrel), but I don't know if the camming slide is the same between the full and compact.

Second is the barrel rotation and whether that would hang up ejection because of the extra mass of the suppressor on the barrel itself.

And finally, you probably couldn't shoot it wet because the rotation would tend to wash the bullet on exit ... I think.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Well, the threaded barrel isn't a problem. Beretta sells them. It's weird though, why would Beretta put threaded .45s out there and offer extended 9mm barrels if they loosen silencers after 4 shots? There has to be some workaround to this...

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    maybe its just me but i think the osprey is one ugly supressor...

You can probably tell that I disagree. But, to each his own.

IMAG0124-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom