• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    I know this is going to be tough to answer but here goes....any suggestions on a new pistol. I am looking for a 45 or 9mm (I have a baby glock 9). I am looking at spending less than $1000. It will be mostly left in a safe. I can get a sig 1911 tacops for about $900 or a sig 1911 with rail, night sights and rosewood grips for about $850. I think those are decent prices. Haven't looked at much else yes. Any suggestions? Thanks.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I know this is going to be tough to answer but here goes....any suggestions on a new pistol. I am looking for a 45 or 9mm (I have a baby glock 9). I am looking at spending less than $1000. It will be mostly left in a safe. I can get a sig 1911 tacops for about $900 or a sig 1911 with rail, night sights and rosewood grips for about $850. I think those are decent prices. Haven't looked at much else yes. Any suggestions? Thanks.

BannerLandingPage.jpg

Get a Glock 20 end of discussion...lol. Or a Glock 29 with several Glock 20 mags which you'll no longer be able to purchase after Oct 1st. Rock Island Armory makes a decent gun at a decent price if you want to go the 1911 route. Did I mention they're making one in 10mm now? Darn this stupid obsession I have with 10mm now a days.

Rewind

SLSC Member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Southern Calvert
    +1 - - Good advice----Get something with a higher cap mag than others....

Have I missed something... We'll still be able to OWN high capacity mags in MD, just not purchase them in this @%%% state. I believe it will still be legal to purchase out of state and bring them into state and use.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Need a bit more info than that. I mean the S&W 625 is a revolver in 45 ACP but I wouldn't buy one right now because revolvers aren't going to be made difficult to find in a few months.

I don't know the difference is between those two Sig 1911 but it's hard to go wrong with a sig.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    If you are using it for personal defense purposes, you should consider something with a larger magazine, i.e. XDM with 19 round mag, S&W M&P with a 17 round mag, various Glocks, etc. You probably don't want to get too fixated on one particular brand since there are many excellent choices and prices are very high in this climate.

Ideally, you would get to hold each one to see if it is comfortable for you. Buy the one you like when you see it at a reasonable price, because it will be gone soon.

Rewind

SLSC Member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Southern Calvert
    Like said earlier, this needs to be comfortable to you. And you want to get something you're going to like for the money you spend - I don't see prices going down, ever. :sad20:

Best thing is to go somewhere like Maryland Small Arms Range in Clinton and rent a lane and rent a few different styles of guns to see what you like best... you need to buy ammo there is you are renting. Depending on your interest, you should probably start with .45s since you already own a 9mm.... and cause it's better for defense.:D

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Sig. Anything with the letter "P" in front of it. They're like ****- they just feel good in your hands.

Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    I would strong recommend you to get Glock 21 with .460 rowland and it is more powerful than 10mm; if you have a reloading machine with you.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1382239

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470702

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1440720

Please read this in your consideration for your next .45 pistol:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18968143

It is way better than 1911 and you could get more stuff than 1911 with a Glock pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom