• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forgoten

Apr 19, 2018
    I have a limited budget for an entry level AR-15, and saw there are some HBAR uppers on sale at 22mods4all. What do you guys think about the following upper? Much appreciated!

https://22mods4all.com/collections/...r-with-12-free-float-mlok-handguard-1-8-twist

16" AR15 HBAR .223 Wylde Upper Receiver with 12" Free Float MLOK Handguard 1:8 Twist

Barrel 16" HBAR Chambered .223 Wylde Nitride Finish M4 Feed Ramps 1:8 Twist
    Upper Mil Spec Complete Upper Receiver M4 Feed Ramps, Ejection Port Cover Forward Assist Made from 7075-T6 Aluminum
    Gas Block Low-Profile Gas Block
    Gas Tube Carbine Length Stainless Steel
    Hand Guard 12" MLOK Free-Float Handguard
    Flash/Comp Black A2
    BCG 5.56 (OPTIONAL)
    Charging Handle AR15 (OPTIONAL)
    Chamber 5.56 NATO
    Rail/Handguard MLOK Free Float Handguard lightweight hardcoat anodized for corrosion resistance

INFORMATION ABOUT OUR UPPERS

We source our barrels from Bear Creek Arsenal. Our Uppers and components are sourced from Ghost Firearms and Anderson Manufacturing. Please note that unless stated otherwise, BCG's an CH's are sold additionally.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    That's not a bad deal. Main thing is the barrel: Bear Creek Arsenal. Their barrels are ok, nothing to write home about, but also not bad for a first rifle. Their HBARs are very H, and the barrel can double as a bat in case the rifle fails.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Taking the OP's words of Limited Budget, and Entry-level at face value, that's a good price .

Presuming that configuration suits you as is . If you wanted a different handgaurd, or a traditional front sight assembly , or whatever, search out an On Sale upper already configured as you wish , instead of changing over yourself . ( An issue of best bang for buck on package deal, instead of buying replacements individually .)

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I have a limited budget for an entry level AR-15, and saw there are some HBAR uppers on sale at 22mods4all. What do you guys think about the following upper? Much appreciated!

https://22mods4all.com/collections/...r-with-12-free-float-mlok-handguard-1-8-twist

16" AR15 HBAR .223 Wylde Upper Receiver with 12" Free Float MLOK Handguard 1:8 Twist

Barrel 16" HBAR Chambered .223 Wylde Nitride Finish M4 Feed Ramps 1:8 Twist
    Upper Mil Spec Complete Upper Receiver M4 Feed Ramps, Ejection Port Cover Forward Assist Made from 7075-T6 Aluminum
    Gas Block Low-Profile Gas Block
    Gas Tube Carbine Length Stainless Steel
    Hand Guard 12" MLOK Free-Float Handguard
    Flash/Comp Black A2
    BCG 5.56 (OPTIONAL)
    Charging Handle AR15 (OPTIONAL)
    Chamber 5.56 NATO
    Rail/Handguard MLOK Free Float Handguard lightweight hardcoat anodized for corrosion resistance

INFORMATION ABOUT OUR UPPERS

We source our barrels from Bear Creek Arsenal. Our Uppers and components are sourced from Ghost Firearms and Anderson Manufacturing. Please note that unless stated otherwise, BCG's an CH's are sold additionally.

I bought a 5.56 and 300BLK from them and they were fine. Shot out of the box and looked decent.

I've since taken the 5.56 apart and noticed a couple of things...

-The barrel on mine was nitrided AFTER assembly. While the barrel extension was tight, it was the same color as the rest of the barrel.
    -Lube was used on the barrel nut threads but it wasn't 33MS from what I could tell. The barrel nut was aluminum and definitely not over torqued. Felt right coming off.
    -The feed ramps did line up properly and had no resistance feeding into the chamber.
    -I would Rocksett the gas block screws after confirming that it is firing properly. Mine came off easy. It was a steel gas block.
    -They use inexpensive handguards with inexpensive barrel nuts.
    -My 300BLK came with a billet upper receiver. 5.56 came with a forged upper receiver.

I also called a couple of times and they were very helpful. I was pleased with the customer service. Just keep in mind that a budget item is just that. Inexpensive and inconsistent.

forgoten

Apr 19, 2018
    Thanks guys!! After reading your posts I decided to go with it. For a new guy like me, I figured this would be a good fit for me to get started in the AR world (a lot to experience and a lot to learn). I don't expect too much from the 1st rifle except for occasional shots in the range and as a learning platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom