• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Ok, without opening I am in the market for a 9mm. I really thought I was going to want an FNX9, but after fondling it at 2A, I'm not a big fan of the grip. The checkering is very aggressive, and almost uncomfortable. For comparison, I love the comfy rubber grip on the SR22 that I just picked up.

So that being said, these are the criteria I am looking for;
    1) 9mm
    2) manual safety
    3) decocker
    4) larger capacity mag (something more than 10)
    5) smaller grip so it will be easier for my kids to transition to it

I know the last two are kind of opposites of each other. But the grip on the FNX seems like a good size. Any suggestions?

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    CZ P-07 might be worth looking at, although it comes set up for decocker out of the box, it can be configured for a safety (included in the box).

The HK USP 9 Compact might also be worth checking out.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Beretta PX-4 has all, small grip may be an issue. CZ P07? Has safety or de-cocker, but I don't think both at the same time. Taurus PT-92 has both.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Ok, without opening I am in the market for a 9mm. I really thought I was going to want an FNX9, but after fondling it at 2A, I'm not a big fan of the grip. The checkering is very aggressive, and almost uncomfortable. For comparison, I love the comfy rubber grip on the SR22 that I just picked up.

1) 9mm
    2) manual safety
    3) decocker

I know the last two are kind of opposites of each other. But the grip on the FNX seems like a good size. Any suggestions?

Hk P30

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD

1) 9mm
    2) manual safety
    3) decocker

Why not just a SR9?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    CZ P-07 might be worth looking at, although it comes set up for decocker out of the box, it can be configured for a safety (included in the box).

The HK USP 9 Compact might also be worth checking out.
    The HK USP Compact in 9mm fits the bill pretty well. Biggest mag holds 15 rounds and there are 10 and 12 rounder also. I use a decocker with a light spring kit as both a CCW and an IDPA competition gun. Has one of the most ergonomic grips I have found (except for the mag release). The mag release is ambi and the safety/decocker is available that way also. Mine is actually a .357 Sig model with a 9mm barrel in it. The barrel is the only part you need to change if you want to shoot 9mm, .40 S&W or .357 Sig (but you have to buy the gun as a .357/.40 because while you can go down in caliber you can't go up).

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    As others have said, a CZ would be a great choice. It fills all your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom