• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongTom

Jan 13, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I will be attending The Disarm Hate anti gun rally in DC on August 13th, and I need suggestions for a really bad/awful/illogical but BELIEVABLE anti-gun slogan/message for my signboard I'll be carrying.

It needs to be terrible enough to garner media attention, but believable enough to pass off as just a misinformed idiot.

Brady Campaign, Million Moms, and all the worst will be there.

I'm not interested in discussion about why I should or should not attend.

Suggestions should be short to fairly short, and simplistic, yet ironically awful, and should attempt to touch on the irony of restricting guns.

Bad Example: "Why Just Stop With The 2nd Amendment - Do Away With The Rest Of Them, Too"

ONLY suggestions sent to my private messages will be considered.

Let-er-rip, folks. Let's see that creativity.

Last edited:

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    How about "Federalize all Police" or "End Bullying - Register all Internet Commenting" or "Running and Hiding is a Civil Right!" Or "Look at My Schrooms!" Or "Gun Control - 3% of the time it works everytime" or "No Gun No Funs Know Guns Know Funs"

I can play this game all night.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I think I know where you are going with this.... While I would never do it, if you want to get some media attention, something along the lines of "Rape isn't a reason to have a gun".... That's offensive and out there enough to get the attention of someone with a microphone... and it sounds silly enough that it might blend in with this crowd.

May 13, 2005
    Just be prepared that if/when you draw media attention, to have it all planned out whatever direction you want to take it. You may end up with more attention than you expect. PSYOPS is fun if you are thinking four steps ahead.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    image.php

No debate there. Though I'd rephrase "Not equivalent in all 50 states"

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    My favorite slogan is "Guns save lives". Lots of anti's cite the statistic that 30,000 people a year are killed with guns. The CDC concluded that something like 15 times that many are saved thanks to a gun. Also, the 30K number includes suicides which are a big chunk of gun deaths, something like 10K or more.

If terrorists were clever they'd get away from using guns. As Nice has shown us, more people can be killed in a shorter period of time with a truck than with guns.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Just be prepared that if/when you draw media attention, to have it all planned out whatever direction you want to take it. You may end up with more attention than you expect. PSYOPS is fun if you are thinking four steps ahead.

Helpful hints for media attention (see Stoveman for masterful execution):

• RECORD YOUR INTERVIEW YOURSELF if you can.
    • State your point; repeat your point; close with your point.
    • Be careful in replying to questions.
    • Stay on point.
    • Expect heavy editing in the media final product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom