• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I recently ordered a 14.5" LW mid-length upper w/ a front sight and need some suggestions for a quality two piece quad rail. What are you using and how easy are they to install? Thanks!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The last rail system I used that wasn't free-floating was from Surefire. They guarantee it won't move. It has multiple screws and locks on tight. Not cheap, though.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    The last rail system I used that wasn't free-floating was from Surefire. They guarantee it won't move. It has multiple screws and locks on tight. Not cheap, though.

Thanks, I was looking at those and there are pricey. If I can find one for a good deal I might jump on it.

Dec 6, 2011
    The DD Omega is expensive, but installs very easily with no removal of parts and free floats. They even make 2 models for piston applications.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Thanks for all of the suggestions!

You can also install the Magpul hand guards and install rails on them. Lighter than going with full rails, too.

Decided to try this one out. Since its a lightweight profile barrel I decided to keep it as light as possible. Due to the savings this also helped me purchase a Matech BUIS as well. Should have everything next week so I'll post some pics when I get it together.

Again, thanks for the help everyone!:thumbsup:

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Dude, you got to check out the VLTOR CASV system. I just saw one on a buddies rifle the other day and now I need it. I'm going to get one this week. Easy installation and they cost about $200. It's a very versatile system that is constructed well and is very light. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I had Engage Armament in Rockville install a 2 piece Daniel Defense Omega X rail on my Colt 6920. 12 inches and free float. The rail comes with a barrel nut wrench but I don't have the other tools necessary to do it. (torque wrench, vise, etc.)

It looks great and is high quality but pricey.

Midway has them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom