• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Just suggestions from an FNG. My feeling won't be hurt if you say "No way!" :cool:

I think it would help to have classified categories that at least split firearms into rifles, pistols, and then either a comprehensive "related" section or a "related" section for each. I'm shopping for a pistol and there are so many non-pistol items in there I don't have time to sort the wheat from the chaff. I also see knives in there, which I don't think are firearms or that closely related.

I would also really like to see RSS feeds for each of the classifieds sections (I'd really like to see one for each section of the forum!). Especially if no more categories get added. RSS feeds would allow me to do my own filtering and find what I'm looking for that must faster.

Thanks for your consideration, and thanks for the forum!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Not trying to stifle your creativity but how much of a rush are you in if you don't have the time to quickly sort through a couple pages of stuff.

While I do see the value in your suggestion I don't know if the extra guff the mods would have to go though to create multiple sections would be woth their time.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Big rush. :D

Seriously though, it's just a suggestion. If it's too much hassle, I completely understand. Looking at the classifieds again, looks like they don't get new listings that often.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    If you're looking for firearms and related items, click the link that says "For Sale or Trade (Firearms and Related)." Left side of the screen near the first listing once on the classifieds page.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I actually like this method better than I have seen on other forums. Other forum have a forum for CLASSIFIEDS where you open a thread and can discuss it. its harder to navigate and with this you have a thumbnail picture up front

KUDOs to MDS!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I actually like this method better than I have seen on other forums. Other forum have a forum for CLASSIFIEDS where you open a thread and can discuss it. its harder to navigate and with this you have a thumbnail picture up front

KUDOs to MDS!

I still haven't seen a forum that has anything like our classifieds. Like you say that are all just separate forums within the larger forum structure.

We're always keeping our eyes open for any improved versions of what we're using.

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan

KUDOs to MDS!

+1 :party29: I find our format easier and quicker to navigate. Sorta like hitting the "New Posts" button instead of visiting each category separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom