• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kbroc2

Jun 1, 2013
    Harford
    Sue ffls for not releasing?

Should or would it be possible to file a lawsuit against an ffl who won't release and is holding our paid in full firearms hostage. Many reputable sources have confirmed it is legal with both the ATF and msp to release before msp paperwork is returned.
    I would never sue a gun shop for this I was just seeing the consensus, nor am I saying all ffls are the enemy. I do plan to move in the future to a friendlier state, but in the meantime when I make purchases I will use a different ffl, and on moving my current purchases I've been waiting to see if they loosen up on policy, I've even heard some shops are not shipping to other in state ffls, that's a problem for me because I bought off gunbroker and cannot simply return and buy from another shop. Being at a non releasing shop I'm worried that due to the flood of 8 dayers the backlog will compound. Sorry for all the hurt feelings I'm not threatening to get my lawyer just taking a pulse

Last edited:

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Should or would it be possible to file a lawsuit against an ffl who won't release and is holding our paid in full firearms hostage. Many reputable sources have confirmed it is legal with both the ATF and msp to release before msp paperwork is returned.

Right, because THEY are the enemy here

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    I would imagine it's possible, but it's kind of a dick move. I know it sucks waiting, especially when it's unnecessary, but it's their business. They can run it however they choose. If you don't like the way they run it then go somewhere else in the future.

WTF dude! Are you a party to the MSP lawsuit to release firearms timely?

We should 100% stand with our FFLs, respect their business decisions and support them as best as we can.

The law says "MAY RELEASE"! No guns for you :tdown:

Antifeik

May 26, 2013
    I would imagine it's possible, but it's kind of a dick move. I know it sucks waiting, especially when it's unnecessary, but it's their business. They can run it however they choose. If you don't like the way they run it then go somewhere else in the future.

:thumbsup:

Bite the hand that feeds you?????
    It's going to be tough enough to keep some of the small shops going after Oct 1st, even without BS like this.
    It is the state of Md. "holding our firearms hostage", NOT the FFLs.
    Do you really thing they want your "paid in full" firearm taking up their valuable storage space.
    Two options....wait or move.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    And people wonder why Gunshop Employees are a-holes.

Alot of them are just dick heads by nature, has nothing to do with there job or people.

As far as the guy making the thread you go ahead and sue who you want. Your life your money. Bye

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    No. You would - and should - lose such a case.

Dealers are not holding firearms because they want to. It costs them money holding these things - insurance, storage space in those expensive safes, and lost sales due to not being able to carry more firearms in the shop due to the pile-up of "wait guns". MSP is the issue here. They can fix this easily by giving dealers what they need, but so far they have not.

News flash: Merchants make money by selling things. That means it comes in on a truck, and goes out in someone's hands. Anything to break that cycle - in this case the MSP - results in a loss of business. Only an idiot thinks they are waiting on MSP for fun.

MSI will look forward to filing a brief in the defense of the dealer, pointing out the absolutely frivolous nature of your move.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    I am drafting a lawsuit against the OP and all the other flood of guys on MDS recently that just come here to complain about how long they are waiting on their firearms... Boo Hoo

Emotional Distress...

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant

The only recourse you would have to sue an FFL dealer is that, assuming you purchased your firearm from them, they refuse to refund your money, or if they are doing a transfer, they refuse to send the firearm back to the originator of the sale, or to another FFL.

I would suggest that if you have a gripe with your FFL, you request these processes, and I'm sure the FFL would grant such a request.

Getting a refund for the application itself would not be expected from the FFL. For that, you would have to go through MSP.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    I have already had my share of those just like him at the shop. Aparently they think Lawyers scare people.

They do, especially if there is ANY ambiguity in the wording of the law or there is lack of a process. That's why some FFLs are not releasing. In Marylandistan, the chance that releasing (before MSP gives their blessing) will create problems and possibly result in FFLs losing their livelihood are very real. I beat this topic to death yesterday with a local IP who won't release.

Bottom line, Maryland, the Feds, & the ATF will screw you and the FFL if given the opportunity and some dealers don't think it's work the risk.

I don't agree with it, but it's up to the FFL to decide. And to the OP's original post, don't be a douche nozzle. If you need your gun faster. Have your FFL transfer it to another FFL who will release after 8 days or move to a free state.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom