• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    What we need to do is get a movement of Marylanders to apply for CCW using only one reason for why we want it: "to exercise our 2A rights." Then, when the state denies them, a lawsuit can be brought that, if won (Iknow its a big if), would open the door for ALL Maryland residents to get permits.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Adding "Self Defense" as a reason (only necessary due to our being May Issue) should be sufficient one would think. I mean, Heller basically stated this along with a handgun being appropriate for that Self Defense.

Perusing the shenanigans at Annapolis...a bill (SB 746) called the 'Citizens Self-Defense Act' was submitted last year, adding only 3 words to existing criteria for CCW issuance...those 3 words were:
    'Self Defense or'

http://mlis.state.md.us/2009rs/bills/sb/sb0746f.pdf

It died a very quick death after 1st reading while in...are you sitting down?...the Senate Judicial Proceedings committee. :innocent0
    http://mlis.state.md.us/2009rs/billfile/SB0746.htm

Enough of this already. I wish those trying the system well. In the mean time, we need to get people like Frosh out of their abused positions. We need a positive ruling and positive interpretation/guidance of standards of review by the SCOTUS in McDonald to perhaps turn 'May Issue' to 'Shall Issue', at which point you don't need to worry about any excuse at all so long as you're not otherwise prohibited.

Mark C.

Last edited:

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    My Chiropractor CANNOT write prescriptions and has a CCW. He told me he got it because of being a business owner and a Dr. of Chiro. He doesnt have any restrictions on his CCW and can carry freely.

Miles...

If the chiropractor is the same one that my parents use; they have talked to him about it because of my interests in getting a CCW. Apparently he knows someone within the MSP that pushed his paperwork through for him. This personnal connection is high ranking and works in the permitting area.

Of course... I heard all this second hand, but may offer an explination to his permit reason.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Has anyone thought about doing a FOIA request on MSP related to the approval/disapproval?

Kharn (I believe) did this years ago in a past life before MDS went on-line. The MSP classifies any info on the reasons for a permit issuance to be an "investigative file" that is exempt from the MD Public Records Act.

All he was able to get was rough data on current permit numbers, renewal numbers, rejection numbers, revocation numbers, sex/race/age info on permit holders, and occupations of the applicants.

Miles...

If the chiropractor is the same one that my parents use; they have talked to him about it because of my interests in getting a CCW. Apparently he knows someone within the MSP that pushed his paperwork through for him. This personnal connection is high ranking and works in the permitting area.

Of course... I heard all this second hand, but may offer an explination to his permit reason.

More "May Issue Madness" BS :tdown:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I was the one that did a bunch of PIA (Public Information Act; MD's FOIA) digging, but had to stop in 2004 as my employer frowns upon such activities.

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    Two cases I know of with permits issued:
    1. Business owner who tried a dozen times to get one and finally got it because he moves X amount of cash.
    2. Bank manager that does night drops and responds to alarms.

badguyRL

~Sexy~ Junior Memeber
    May 24, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I've got a novel idea for you. Since Maryland seems so intent on protecting the rights of criminals, over law abiding citizens, we should state our reason to wanting to carry concealed as, "I want to be able to protect myself from an armed homeowner when I rob them."
    Considering how back-@$$wards everything else in the state is, maybe that'll work.(?)

twimc

Feb 10, 2009
    above the belt
    Two cases I know of with permits issued:
    1. Business owner who tried a dozen times to get one and finally got it because he moves X amount of cash.
    2. Bank manager that does night drops and responds to alarms.

I wounder if a sole proprietor that makes bank deposits could get a ccw, or wold they frown on such a simple buss. entity?
    What about an online buss. that transports a high dollar amount of products to and from his home?
    If a business owner gave employees the responsibility to respond to alarms in there job descriptions could this open a door to a ccw?

Just thinking out loud....

Shall Issue

Dec 18, 2009
    Derwood, MD
    I wonder if "I just don't want my family to be murdered by burglars and MS13 gang members" would work? Of course it wouldn't. I have faced off with an intruder with my gun locked up down the hall. Obviously I didn't have time to ask him to politely wait in my living room while I retrieved it from the other side of the house. With a CCW I would have been armed on my way back into my home and been able to protect my family and possibly subdue the burglar who fled after we scuffled. Too bad we don't have any "real" threats just being a law-abiding citizen.

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    I wonder if "I just don't want my family to be murdered by burglars and MS13 gang members" would work? Of course it wouldn't. I have faced off with an intruder with my gun locked up down the hall. Obviously I didn't have time to ask him to politely wait in my living room while I retrieved it from the other side of the house. With a CCW I would have been armed on my way back into my home and been able to protect my family and possibly subdue the burglar who fled after we scuffled. Too bad we don't have any "real" threats just being a law-abiding citizen.

well I'm glad your okay...did they ever catch him?

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Terrorists openly threaten Americans. Dose that count as a documented threat ? Go to the MSP Barracks tell them you want to fill out a police report the following people threatened your life
    Usama Bin Laden
    Ayman Al-Zawahiri
    Fahd Al-Quso

Husayn Al-Umari
    Wadoud Muhammad Hafiz Al-Turki
    Jamal Saeed Abdul Rahim

Muhammad Abdullah Khalil Hussain Ar-Rahayyal
    Muhammad Ahmed Al-Munawar
    Adam Yahiye Gadahn

Daniel Andreas San Diego
    En Espanol
    Anas Al-Liby
    Fazul Abdullah Mohammed

Ahmed Mohammed Hamed Ali
    Jaber A. Elbaneh
    Ahmad Ibrahim Al-Mughassil

Abdul Rahman Yasin
    Saif Al-Adel
    Ibrahim Salih Mohammed Al-Yacoub

Ali Saed Bin Ali El-Hoorie
    Abd Al Aziz Awda
    Isnilon Totoni Hapilon

Ramadan Abdullah Mohammad Shallah
    Jamel Ahmed Mohammed Ali Al-Badawi
    Abdelkarim Hussein Mohamed Al-Nasser

Mohammed Ali Hamadei
    Ali Atwa

Hasan Izz-Al-Din

Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah

FBI's most wanted

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    One theory

Create an LLC.
    State in the bylaws that agents of the LLC are required to be armed.
    Submit an CCW application with a copy of the bylaws that the business requires agents(employees) to be armed.

Possible?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Create an LLC.
    Submit an CCW application with a copy of the bylaws that the business requires agents(employees) to be armed.

Possible?

Hell of an idea...
    Anyone think it will work?
    I am a business (LLC) owner and would love to see if we can work this angle.

Chris

twimc

Feb 10, 2009
    above the belt
    Create an LLC.

Possible?

How do armed security company's get to be armed?
    Im sure they jump through more hoops than you could find at a toy store.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My son-in-law used to work armed security in VA, lived in MD. Took him forever to get to carry in MD, and they put loads of restrictions on the permit, and he had to turn it in immediately when he quit.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    We need 12 good men and true,( with deep legal pockets) to apply at the same time and state "for all legal purposes". Then sue when denied on that basis. There are no reasons to deny for legal purposes.

boscoman

Jan 4, 2010
    The bottom line from this discussion is that you need to know someone higher up in the process to get a CCW here in the State. I have 6 non resident CCWs, but don't dare to try & apply for one here in Maryland or for that matter in NJ either. While the good people in Fl & UT may state that getting turned down here will not effect their process I am not so willing to give it a try. Every application that I have filled out all ask if you have been turned down for a CCW.
    Even if Maryland should start to honor our rights, the next process would then be to get reciprocity with other states. An example is S. Carolina, they honor VA resident permits but not non resident permits. Makes no sense, but that’s the way it is. As things stand today no one has reciprocity with Maryland.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Boscoman, howdy and welcome. You may not have all the facts yet, but you are here and upset with the current situation. I'm good with that.

I'll be swinging by a MSP outfit this week to ask some questions about dropping my paperwork with them. What seems to be the barrack with somebody that: a) gives a care and b) knows what they are doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom