• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    At the request of the board, they can ask for a sample gun, but I have heard that does not happen often and is not required.

When you submit an application, include as much documentation as you can to show that the new model is functionally the same or very similar to specific already-approved models. For example, I submitted an application for approval of a certain 1911-type pistol made by a maker who makes an array of 1911-type models. I obtained a letter from the maker explaining that the new model differed only in minor cosmetic details from another already-approved model. I also submitted photos and technical specs of both models. The Roster Board approved the new model on the basis of this documentation, without requiring a physical specimen.

However, if a handgun contains new or novel features, particularly those that might be deemed to be relevant to safety, the likelihood that the Board will request a sample is greater.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    We are thinking of throwing a SBR together just to see what happens when the board reviews it.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Please do.

How about you start with a dedicated 9mm post 10/1 lower :-)

That is exactly the kind of thing we were considering. The problem may be getting an approved Form 5 before the next board meeting, as the appears to be the only way to legally leave then firearm with MSP for review.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    That is exactly the kind of thing we were considering. The problem may be getting an approved Form 5 before the next board meeting, as the appears to be the only way to legally leave then firearm with MSP for review.

10.7in threaded barrel with just a nut on it (no scary flash hider). 10rd mag. Please dip the hardware in light gray with a pink hand-guard so you dont scare anyone with the color black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom