• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I know we can't fix stupid, that's evident by all the people on this site that believe climate change is a hoax / some global scam.

I've heard some compelling arguments that support climate change (global warming, destructive patterns, irreversible damage) and I've heard some compelling arguments that state it's just a normal cycle of varying weather patterns and there's no real issue. Just wondering what specific data has convinced you that this issue is really as bad as some would say it is?

Not trolling you, just interested in learning more. Thanks...

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You're half right, but wrong on the reasoning for why protests used to work. The reason the protests of yore worked isn't because of your stated reason above, but because in addition to the protests, they actually mobilized voters to get rid of / change minds of their elected officials. I know we can't fix stupid, that's evident by all the people on this site that believe climate change is a hoax / some global scam. But these protesters fail to garner the actual intended effect of spurring folks to vote out shitty politicians, so in essence, you're unfortunately right: these won't accomplish much of anything other than gridlock.

Well one way to “fix stupid” is to use the IGNORE button! Check your facts and you will find that the USA has been REDUCING their carbon footprint yearly while there is absolutely NO clammer on the countries that continue to increase their pollution such as China, among others.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I know we can't fix stupid, that's evident by all the people on this site that believe climate change is a hoax / some global scam. .

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: Not only a hoax, but the biggest hoax this Country has ever seen. One great big giant one for only one purpose, to give the dems more power. The only thing more scary about climate change is the stupid people buying into it.

But don't worry, we only have ten years left. Or is it twelve. :sad20:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hypothetical A = Nothing is actually changing climate wise

Hypothetical B = There are various climatic cycles that naturally occur, and have been happening since before there were humans .

Hypothetical C = Even *IF* humans were making any statistically significant influence on the eternal weather cycles , the outputs of the US and Western Europe don't make a pimple upon that spewed out by China and India . Don't waste your precious activitism $ and manhours to " shut down DC " , put them where they matter, and Shut Down Beijing !

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    On my way to court i watched capital lock up a bunch of BLM protestors. I thought the protest was climate change but i guess there were like 25 different sub protests

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    On my way to court i watched capital lock up a bunch of BLM protestors. I thought the protest was climate change but i guess there were like 25 different sub protests

These protests are like venereal diseases, where there is one organism causing problems, there is likely to be more.

Every single one of these protests, whether it be the climate change, black lives matter, women's march, or anti-civil war whining is all just rebranding of the same Bolshevik message.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC

This protest is for "Climate Justice"which is directed at climate change and the disproportionate negative effects on low-income communities.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    In and out of DC today with nary a sniff of patchouli, I guess the area around the Navy Yard wasn't high on their priority list.

The Navy Yard has its own problems
    man-pushed-onto-metro-tracks-in-violent-attack

The man, who asked not to be identified, said the attack began when a teen slapped him randomly on a train headed toward Gallery Place. He got off at the Navy Yard stop to try and identify the teen who assaulted him and that is when nearly a half dozen teens attack, shoving him into the tracks.

Video shows the man falling on to the tracks

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    In and out of DC today with nary a sniff of patchouli, I guess the area around the Navy Yard wasn't high on their priority list.

No protests over there unless someone wants to try and shut down the highway above.

This protest is for "Climate Justice"which is directed at climate change and the disproportionate negative effects on low-income communities.

I had to get some warrants signed and it seemed like capital police were doing a great job with the small demonstration. It was annoying though i probably watched 100 cars turn around at police direction while capital gave them their warnings and such.

Hopefully this doesn’t mess with you to much! I got to be down at court tomorrow at 9am for arraignments if all goes according to plan. To be honest I’d rather 100 small protests then 1 big marathon lol.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia

You mean carbon tax is regressive? The low income peeps don't know that?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I know we can't fix stupid, that's evident by all the people on this site that believe climate change is a hoax / some global scam.

Sir, that's the talking point libs want to push, that (along with immigrants/illegal immigrants), climate change/man-made climate change is the same. Couldn't be further from the truth. All of us know & acknowledge that the climate changes all the time & has been for eons. It's the man-made part that's false.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan

Attachments

• climate.jpg
      climate.jpg
      43 KB · Views: 272

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Carbon tax? The word "tax" sends Democrats into fits of orgasms of delight...they're in favor of it before they realize how destructive it is...and they've never recognized how destructive taxes are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom