Strike while the iron is hot! Welcoming new shooters!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Ok crew, I know with the crazy BS Obama is proposing on gun control we tend to draw our lines in the sand and get into battle mode with the other side.

Just want to remind everyone that now is a good time to convert our fellow neighbors. The fear of a cafe attack or soft target attack has never been higher.

Even liberals with "common sense" know that gun control won't stop a terrorist bent on killing. It is our job to identify these people and welcome them into our culture. We can't give them reason to label us "extreme" etc. We can put aside our beliefs (what took you so long..why did you vote for Obama etc.) . We need to make gun ownership "normal" in MD and we need to welcome the reasonable independents to our side.

Recently I noticed a friend on FB who is typically very liberal and "anti" express she was considering arming herself. It was the Paris and CA attacks that pushed her over the edge.

I contacted her privately and warmly and let her know that I am sure it's confusing and scary but that I would help her. I shared some personal experiences and comforted her about owning a gun.

Now, her and 5 other friends are setting up a group session at a local gun store.

So...be on the lookout for these opportunities everywhere you go. If you use facebook here is a simple post you can use that worked wonders for me.

"Recently a few of my friends have reached out to me about purchasing a gun. If you are curious or just want to talk about it PM me. Ill even take you to the range"

From this post I received three people that are not gun owners who want to learn to shoot. When they are with me I'm sure to talk to them about the reality of gun ownership and not what they hear on Jon Stewart etc.

Who was it that said "Never let a tragedy go to waste?" Let's use that to our advantage....

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    After I got done posting this I received a text from a friend in NJ. He's finally getting his handgun permit. It's each of our jobs to turn at least two other people into gun owners this year. (2015)

I know I am speaking to the choir and a lot of us have done this in the past. I hope this encourages you to continue the outreach.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I too have gotten a lot of requests . My response name the date and time

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    EXCELLENT POST :thumbsup:

Please be equally welcoming to the new folks on the forum too. I've noticed a ton of new visitors asking questions and such. :)

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    After I got done posting this I received a text from a friend in NJ. He's finally getting his handgun permit. It's each of our jobs to turn at least two other people into gun owners this year. (2015)

I know I am speaking to the choir and a lot of us have done this in the past. I hope this encourages you to continue the outreach.

How on Earth did he do that?????

+1 on the outreach. And promote joining a Maryland 2A group such such as MSI or MSRPA.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    At this point it is about self defense and personal protection, let's most of us try to remember to keep it that way and stick to the basics.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Excellent post. I agree stick to the basics for most.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    How on Earth did he do that?????

+1 on the outreach. And promote joining a Maryland 2A group such such as MSI or MSRPA.

He probably means the purchase permit. In New Jersey you have to get a permit from the PD everytime you want to purcahase a gun lol. You thought MD was bad ;)

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm helping 2 coworkers and very good friends shop and equip HBAR's for defense and recreation. They both have realized the PIA to buy a handgun in MD and are appalled at the HQL oppression.

They have gone shooting with me a few times before. 1 is a fudd with a couple of shotguns and a .243 bolt. The other one has never owned a gun before. Great guys and not anti-gun, just not into it until recent events.

I'm as excited as if I was buying another gun for myself. :)

Last edited:

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I have 5 women and 1 man in my office who want me to teach them to shoot and perhaps help them with deciding if they want a handgun or home defense shotgun. I am probably going to try and get together somehow with an IP who can help them more than I can (knowledge/options/and safety wise), not sure I'm the right guy to teach them. (yes, I'd love suggestions)

My better half told me last night that she wants to get her own handgun as well and learn how to use it.

The boss also wants to arm the office.

I think the flood gates are open.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    He probably means the purchase permit. In New Jersey you have to get a permit from the PD everytime you want to purcahase a gun lol. You thought MD was bad ;)

How well I know. A close friend lives there. Every time I call he reminds me that he and his wife live in a "Police State" (their words).

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    I have set my cousin up and in the process of helpingy brother in law get his HQL and first firearm.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    I have 2 female friends want to go to range and 2 male friends who want to build their own AR15. Gonna be a busy winter. Thanks for the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom