• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    The 29$ one I took read it too me and had a lot of animations with it . Way better than the md one I took

The $18 one I took was broken down into "chapters." It had pictures of actual places, people, and some graphic pictures of what happened to people with injuries from firearm failures. It was narrated very well and stressed the importance of ACTT and blaze orange. It took me about 6 hours over two days to complete.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    You guys with the $18 course were lucky! I researched all of the classes and decided to take the $18 one. Waited until the following weekend to sign up and take it and *POOF* the only ones that showed up on the Texas site were the $29.50 one and one that was over $30. I opted for the $29.50 one. I had already taken the MD course online and paid my $15 for that but couldn't get into a Field Day class.

After all the money spent, I have a hunting license but nowhere decent to hunt. :mad54:

Major Major

Feb 19, 2013
    Frederick Co
    Yep it works

Everything completed on line. The TX course is I think one of the same vendors as the MD course. I found it to be thorough and :thumbsup: actually leaned a few things

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks!

Congrats! The plus with the TX course is NO field day! Now get out there and hunt! Good luck and be safe!

Thanks everyone that posted about this. I took and passed the Maryland online course but could not find a field day. I will give this Texas online course a shot!

Thanks!

pilgrim

Thank you for the heads up on this. I took the Maryland online course this year and never found a field day that was open when I was available.

I took the TX $18 online only course.
    I did all the tests, then had to go thru the videos before it would issue temporary certificate. But it is done. Extremely easy, spouse takes it after work tomorrow. Then off to store for Maryland.

SHOTTAS

Sep 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    I just passed the TX course. I took the $18 course and it took me 4 hours. You have to click on all 16 chapters to include the exams and test. I then went on COMPASS on MD DNR and paid for my license and printed it off. Thanks guys

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I just passed the TX course. I took the $18 course and it took me 4 hours. You have to click on all 16 chapters to include the exams and test. I then went on COMPASS on MD DNR and paid for my license and printed it off. Thanks guys

congrats! Be safe and shoot straight!

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    To the OP -- I can't thank you enough for bringing this to light. I was worried that I would miss the season due to no field day, but instead, I landed my first deer on Saturday morning! So happy I found this.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I hope this URL works..

13+-+1

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    As the OP, I'm really glad this is working out for quite a few people, and it's awesome to see the harvest!

I know that the course focuses on safety, and I can't say enough how important that is. While the Texas online-only program tested favorably vs programs that include a field day, please watch out for each other out there while hunting, and each others' safe gun handling practices, just as you would during a field day test.

Again, congrats to everyone for whom this is working, and especially those of you who have brought home game!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I took the MD online course and field day in June this year. Test was simple but took a bit of time to get through all the reading. Field days was too simple and I would not want to hunt in the same field as some of the people. Instructors were great. I got my quota back in the 80's and don't hunt now but I knew the HQL was coming and ... well ... "prepped".

+1 for Texas. Thanks OP

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom