• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Folks, we have these periodically throughout the year and it is a very good class. I try and take it yearly, just to keep current.

Where: IWLA WAC http://www.damascusiwla.org/

When: Saturday March 11, 2023, 9 AM to 1 PM(arrive by 8:45 to sign in)

How much $: $30 (donation to IWLA-WAC) Preregistration is required wac.stopthebleed@gmail.com

All proceeds go to our chapter. Instructors are volunteers from our chapter.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I'll see if I can pull this off, I need to attend something of this nature, thanks outrider!!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'll see if I can pull this off, I need to attend something of this nature, thanks outrider!!
    ;) Hope you can make it. You can go to the STB web site and find one near you in the future.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I attended the class that was offered by the Winfield VFD this past weekend. Glad I did and now need to put some kits together that have more than band aids, bug spray and aspirin.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    ;) Hope you can make it. You can go to the STB web site and find one near you in the future.

I'd just as soon support your chapter if I can. I know some that used to be active in that group, don't know if they still are, but it would be great if I can swing it. I'll do my best. ;)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'd just as soon support your chapter if I can. I know some that used to be active in that group, don't know if they still are, but it would be great if I can swing it. I'll do my best. ;)
    :thumbsup: We'd love to have ya.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It's a good class, especially if it's a smaller class size. I've worked to get this training for my school's staff for a couple years and they go over lots of good info. we've only had one teacher pass out and fall backwards off the bench during the slides with pictures.

Will this one also include narcan? The ones we got here included a quick narcan session at the end. Once done, you got a voucher card to go pickup some narcan for free.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's a good class, especially if it's a smaller class size. I've worked to get this training for my school's staff for a couple years and they go over lots of good info. we've only had one teacher pass out and fall backwards off the bench during the slides with pictures.

Will this one also include narcan? The ones we got here included a quick narcan session at the end. Once done, you got a voucher card to go pickup some narcan for free.
    The last one I attended did not go over narcan, but that's at the top of my personal list. I will bring it up to the appropriate people.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The last one I attended did not go over narcan, but that's at the top of my personal list. I will bring it up to the appropriate people.
    With the fentanyl stuff going on, nowadays you're probably more likely to save a life with narcan than with bleed control stuff. It's bigly important for med kits. People are also fat, so glucose tablets or gel tubes can also be a good addition if you run across someone dropping off from the betus

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    With the fentanyl stuff going on, nowadays you're probably more likely to save a life with narcan than with bleed control stuff. It's bigly important for med kits. People are also fat, so glucose tablets or gel tubes can also be a good addition if you run across someone dropping off from the betus

*****My CPR class recert went over the use of Narcan. And, you're right - plenty of folks with the diabeetus around so glucose tabs or gel isn't a bad idea to have either.

13101139_0-1078177648.jpg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I attended the class that was offered by the Winfield VFD this past weekend. Glad I did and now need to put some kits together that have more than band aids, bug spray and aspirin.
    How did you hear about that class? Winfield is not far from me, I’d have prolly attended that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom