• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lunatic Fringe

I Know You're Out There
    Apr 12, 2010
    Florida
    Nice gun for the money in my opinion. I know severl people who own them and love them. I like the looks as well as the feel of them.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I'm curious as well - my roommate is looking to get a Stoeger Condor Competition O/U for sporting (trap, sporting clays, etc). They seem to have a Hi-Pointish reputation in that the vast majority of their critics are snobs that have never actually handled the guns much less shot one, whereas those that have tend to think they're a great value for what they are.

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Well the other gun similar is the mossberg maverick over and under tactical. Just cool to see tactical versions based off old time classic designs. A good blend of old and new.

TheRedDragon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 6, 2010
    I'm curious as well - my roommate is looking to get a Stoeger Condor Competition O/U for sporting (trap, sporting clays, etc). They seem to have a Hi-Pointish reputation in that the vast majority of their critics are snobs that have never actually handled the guns much less shot one, whereas those that have tend to think they're a great value for what they are.

ive been curious about these too, imagine that ethan, we have a similarity:)
    anyways, i think their small double barrel's look mean as shit. ive heard from a few people that they work, just dont think its gonna be a shotgun that lasts forever, but they arent very exspensive either. cool to have, just not a go to gun i guess

ejkelehan

Apr 17, 2011
    Elkridge
    I took one of my uncles Condor's, the base model, hunting one day, its a nice shotgun for the money, there's one on my shopping list. If I bought one it would be a condor supreme though, since it has ejectors and not extractors.

xcavater

Fed Up
    Oct 27, 2008
    MD
    I shoot trap and sporting clay's with a condor. I bought it for 200 bucks and have put well over 1500 rounds thru it. I shoot for fun and when it doesn't go bang anymore I would buy another without hesitation. The snobs will tell you different, but it is a decent gun.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

netsurferdude2

Dec 25, 2008
    I have one and love it. The best thing to do it load it up with 2 3/4" slugs and pull both triggers at once. It will realign a dislocated shoulder! If you are ever up north here, you are welcome to try it out. Just send me PM.

MPS111

Claybirder
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bel Air
    I have a 28 gauge coach gun. It's a pretty good shooter. Fit and finish are fair to good but there were some sharp edges around the triggers. The knock on them is poor quality control. The good ones are a bargain and the bad ones stay bad.
    I saw reports of problems we were some single trigger models that would either FTF or fire both barrels. I went with a double trigger model to avoid these problems. KIS

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    A Stoeger is OK for very limited shooting, such as Cowboy stuff or just plain fart'n around. However, no Stoeger should be seriously considered for targets. It will break sooner than later and simply fall apart.

For targets, minimum quality in an O/U really starts with the Browning/Beretta/Guerinni class of guns.

Everytime I see a picture of a "tactical" SXS or O/U I just shake my head, but they would not build such junk unless they could find someone to buy them. Probably keeps gunsmiths employed too.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    My 20yr old Condor has done everything asked of it. It will not win any beauty contests but it groups well. At 50yds slugs are about an inch or two apart offhand. It has the same choke selectability as any other O/U even though it does lack a barrel selector and ejectors for the money there is no better value that I have seen.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I shoot trap and sporting clay's with a condor. I bought it for 200 bucks and have put well over 1500 rounds thru it. I shoot for fun and when it doesn't go bang anymore I would buy another without hesitation. The snobs will tell you different, but it is a decent gun.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

First, I don't want to get into a pissing contest, BUT: 1500 rounds to a active target shooter equates to about three weeks of shooting. That is hardly a longevity test. An active target shooter, shooting registered events in any of the clay target sports will shoot thousands of targets per season. There are no active target shooters who shoot these guns, none. Why is it that anyone who does shoot a decent gun and is experienced enough to know the difference between quality guns and utility guns is labeled a "snob"?

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    My buddy has one of the single trigger coach guns. He says that after he put about 100 rounds through it both barrels fire together on about every fifth shot. We'll see how Stoeger stands behind it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If your intrests run to round counts in thousands per month, then you will consider the $2K range "bargin" .

In their price range , I prefer the Stogers ( Brazialian) to the Russian competitors.

I consider the strong point of a coach gun to be the trimness , and simplicity. Tacticool versions make want to either laugh or cry.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Doubling is a common complaint with many cheap SXS and O/Us. If anyone really feels the need for one of these, they should not get a single trigger model, wherein the problem lies. If you want a utility gun that is reliable, why not buy a old Stevens or Fox Model B. If you want it short, whack off the bbls at about 20".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom