• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Unless anyone can tell me a reason why I shouldn't, I am jumping on this. $325 and free shipping.

STY78-223-2H0_1_HR__16125.jpg

Last edited:

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    That's a bargain, and costs less than similar guns I saw at the gun show last weekend. I have never owned a Steyr pistol, but if their rifles are any indication, the gun will be reliable and do the job.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    In my pessimistic brain, at this price, my first thought is that they are factory seconds/blemished or something. It doesn't say that they are anywhere on the website.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    In my pessimistic brain, at this price, my first thought is that they are factory seconds/blemished or something. It doesn't say that they are anywhere on the website.
    Could also be a closeout price for a gun that's been dropped from from the factory lineup. I'll bet they didn't sell many at a $675.00 list price, even discounted.

abiebaby

Mar 24, 2013
    I have the C9-A1. Love the trapezoid sights. Great for quick target acquisition.
    Haven't put as many rounds through it as I should have (my ccw is a walther pps m2), but have never had any failures.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Weird, when I clicked on it on the first link, it came up $26. Still a good price, but $20 is much better.
    The pistol is from the Bereli website and the link I posted for the magazines are from the Steyr USA website. Two different web sites.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    The pistol came in. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but looking it over, it looks pretty good. A buddy of mine (who told me about this deal) got one from the same place a week earlier. He told me that he put three bullets through the same hole the first time that he shot it.

I am going to have to change the sights due to the weirdness of them. The triangle front and chevron rear sight set up reminds me of sights that would belong to an alien race in a spacey video game. It's that typical European quirkiness like the entire western world is listening to AC/DC and they can't give up their ABBA. They probably work just fine but everything else I own has the three dots. That is what I practice with, so that is what I will replace them with. FYI, the M9-A1 sights are interchangeable with the M9-A2 pistol.

The grip angle is like the Glock. It makes me want to aim high compared to Browning designs. Not a huge deal. I love the feel of the grip. It is nicely stippled but more so, when I grab it, my hand sinks into it like it was made from butter. I don't think that I have ever held a more comfortable grip on a handgun.

I installed a Streamlight TLR-7A and after the sight replacement, this pistol seems good to go. I could not find any defects or blemishes. Overall, this seems like it was a great buy for a top shelf modern pistol.

20231213_121136.1small.jpg

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The pistol came in. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but looking it over, it looks pretty good. A buddy of mine (who told me about this deal) got one from the same place a week earlier. He told me that he put three bullets through the same hole the first time that he shot it.

I am going to have to change the sights due to the weirdness of them. The triangle front and chevron rear sight set up reminds me of sights that would belong to an alien race in a spacey video game. It's that typical European quirkiness like the entire western world is listening to AC/DC and they can't give up their ABBA. They probably work just fine but everything else I own has the three dots. That is what I practice with, so that is what I will replace them with. FYI, the M9-A1 sights are interchangeable with the M9-A2 pistol.

The grip angle is like the Glock. It makes me want to aim high compared to Browning designs. Not a huge deal. I love the feel of the grip. It is nicely stippled but more so, when I grab it, my hand sinks into it like it was made from butter. I don't think that I have ever held a more comfortable grip on a handgun.

I installed a Streamlight TLR-7A and after the sight replacement, this pistol seems good to go. I could not find any defects or blemishes. Overall, this seems like it was a great buy for a top shelf modern pistol.

View attachment 445119
    Nice. Glocks fit my hands well. Can't wait to read your impressions. I wonder how red dot acceptable the slides are. If I bought one, I would surely have it cut.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Nice. Glocks fit my hands well. Can't wait to read your impressions. I wonder how red dot acceptable the slides are. If I bought one, I would surely have it cut.
    This is a video on some mods that were done to a M9-A1. Most of the differences between the A1 and A2 models seem to be cosmetic and mostly on the lower frame. Cutting the slide for a red dot sight looks pretty involved.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is a video on some mods that were done to a M9-A1. Most of the differences between the A1 and A2 models seem to be cosmetic and mostly on the lower frame. Cutting the slide for a red dot sight looks pretty involved.

Thanks for that. That pretty much makes it a deal buster for me, as I like RDs on all my big guns and that looks as though it would negate any benefit from the good price offerings.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Lots of holsters for the M9-A2 on this website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom