• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hey all,

My name is Kevin, from Texas, of course a gun owner and happy to be here. I am not a part of a team, just me and a part time web guy I use rarely. I like working with forums, I work from home caring for my disabled wife so it fits well with my wonky schedule. Very sorry in advance to everyone at the shock of this. Don has had nothing but amazing things to say about the group here. Actually he interviewed me and wanted to know everything about what I would have planned, etc. He cares a ton about this place and its future.

I want to first make sure everyone knows I am not here to change the flow, how the site is modded, etc. The mods still run the place. I am simply here more as a tech help, bring the site up to date (backend stuff, not seen), hopefully help it grow, etc. Of course the members here are the backbone of the site, I just hope to be able to help behind the scenes, etc.

I look forward to learning more about the group here. I sure know you guys have it tougher when it comes to gun policy then we do. Please PM me if you have any questions, etc. Thanks…

Kevin

Any security changes going on today? Seem to have to log back in every 15-20 minutes (same result with different browsers and from different internet connections).

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Any security changes going on today? Seem to have to log back in every 15-20 minutes (same result with different browsers and from different internet connections).

There has been a nagging thing that has lingered for some people, some of the time. In most cases, just click on "forums" in the red toolbar and it takes your credentials.

Don't ask me why it works, or why there is a problem on the front end, but that has seemingly worked for most people.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 6.01.51 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 6.01.51 AM.png
      7.9 KB · Views: 458

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks. I think I serendipitously did the same about an hour or so ago, and my credentials have been sticking. :thumbsup:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tstras

Not a Junior Member
    Jan 16, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Wow, not sure what rock I've been under but I'm just now seeing this news.

Thanks DD214, you've help create a lot of new MD shooters, myself included. Can't thank you enough. Wish you all the best.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    DD214, Thank you for your service, your hard work and always candid posts.
    I know you are the epitome of conservative gun owners like many of us here
    all fighting for the rights that are endowed by our creator. I pray you will be around the forum and keep with in body and spirit. God Bless!

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Over the past year I’ve been mostly absent from the forum due to personal and work related issues. The forum went down in December because I wasn’t able to keep up with the server and that was my wakeup call that it was time to step down and let someone take over that would give the forum the proper attention that it needs technically. It was a very, very difficult decision for me to make, but I know that it is what is best for the community going forward. I gave it 11 years, but now I feel that I am more of a liability rather than an asset. If there was any way that I could keep up with it I would, but I just can’t anymore and I feel that this is the right thing to do for the community.

As such, I found a small group of guys that understand the mission, respect the history of the community, and most importantly, will give the forum the professional attention that it needs to make sure that it continues to grow and function for years to come. I’ve transferred ownership of the site to them and they will do their best to support the site and keep it functioning, while also implementing improvements as we go forward. You won’t see any major changes to the site immediately as they don’t need to fix something that isn’t broken. Hopefully any potential changes that you see in the future will only improve on an already good thing.

The new technical contact for the site is user texkev. He’s a great guy that you are going to enjoy interacting with. He recognizes that the way the forum is currently run under the leadership of Norton and the mods is a valuable asset to the community and as such nothing is going to change in regard to forum leadership, with the exception that I am stepping down and Norton is now the primary contact and leader on the public side of the forum. I have no doubt that he will continue to lead the forum to become a larger and stronger community, and a more powerful 2A force in Maryland.

The members are what make this such a great community, and I thank all of you. I sincerely thank the Industry Partners and those who have donated in the past to keep the lights on. The site wouldn’t exist right now if it wasn’t for you. Norton, joppaj, 2SAM22, and zoostation, I have the utmost respect for you guys and cannot begin to thank you enough for all that you have done to keep the community functioning and growing. I know that it will get even better moving forward.

Keep up the good fight!
    Thank you for all you have done and your efforts to ensure the forum continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom