• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeadAim1337

Apr 25, 2006
    Westminster, Maryland
    Hey everyone, I was wondering if anybody could help me find a round about price for this.

My grandfather tells me it is a 16 gauge model and It has the Stephen Grant markings on the metal work, I've matched it up almost to some I've seen on auction websites, but I was wondering if any one could help me figure out exactly which model it is, circa year made and a price range? Thanks everyone!

image4.jpg

image10.jpg

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I know Stephen Grant shotguns are "one of the greats", but that's as far as my knowledge goes.....Blackthorne should be along shortly with his knowledge. He knows a considerable amount about the higher end guns.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Stephen Grant was an Irish maker from the mid 1800s who learned his trade initially in Ireland and then worked under some big name English makers like Lancaster and Boss before going on his own. He died before that gun was made. That gun is more likely a Stephen Grant & Sons, a company owned by his son, also named Stephen Grant. It may have been made for the continental (European) market if it's a 16ga, as 16s were all the rage in Europe, but not in England. Stephen Grant guns were held in high regard. The company earned warrants from the Queen of England, Prince of Wales, King of Spain and other royalty. Without close examination however, I can't tell what grade it is or what features it has. My best guess is that it's a late '20s to early '30s gun. Based on the photo, the condition is in need of attention, having been somewhat neglected, but worthy of restoration. I wouldn't want to guess at the value, for while some English guns are valuable, others are not. If you sent a lot of photos to one of the better and more knowledgable dealers, like Griffin & Howe, they could give you a ballpark value as well as a cost to restore it. Know that most dealers in todays marhet would offer you about 60-65% of the value of a rerstored gun, less restoration costs. If you wish to sell it, let me know and I'll meet you somewhere to inspect it and then I can research a value and make an offer (if I'm interested). If it's a gun that's been in the family, I would consider keeping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom