Attachments

• target.jpg
      target.jpg
      6.8 KB · Views: 318

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I think the rules at Delta is clay or paper only. but if you used this on the pistol side and set it up on the birm you probably won't get too many complaints. its when people bring floppy discs and a ham sandwich like Aug1410 does which may be an issue

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I think the rules at Delta is clay or paper only. but if you used this on the pistol side and set it up on the birm you probably won't get too many complaints. its when people bring floppy discs and a ham sandwich like Aug1410 does which may be an issue

That was a roast beef sandwich. :D

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    You can shoot metal targets at Marriottville. I do not think that the target in the picture would fit the criteria for the AGC. My club makes a steel target called a clanger that can be used at the agc. My clanger has the steel spinners on top and is a blast to shoot.

You can only shoot .22s and you target must be placed at 100 yrds.

My clanger target frame is at the bottom of a truck full of tools. I will post pictures next time I can get to it.

Damifinow Fish
    Arlington Rifle and Pistol

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    You can shoot steel clanger's at 100 yards with .22's when ever you want to shoot. The AGC has new leadership that is trying to make the range more appealing to the wider shooting community.

this is copied from the AGC range rules

this is rule # 11
    Steel Target Procedure:

1. Flat plate steel targets of any configuration may be placed at 100 yards and fired upon with .22 caliber or smaller rimfire ammunition and black powder lead balls.
    2. The maximum black powder charge allowed is 70 grains of 2FG granulation.
    3. Commercial Biathlon targets may be fired upon at 50 yards with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition only.
    4. No personal target frames or targets may be made of material likely to cause deflection of projectiles except as described above.
    5. All steel targets except those used for air rifles shall be positioned so that missed shots will strike the impact area.
    6. Steel targets may be fired upon with air rifles between 25 and 100 yards.

As with anything different get the range safety officer's blessing before you use it.

The ones my club sells and the set up I shoot has been approved and used by the AGC Executive board and some of them have enjoyed shooting at it. My Clanger target frame has a big steel clanger at the bottom. A newbold spinning ground hog in the middle. The cheap steel spinners the kind that have three round disk on the top of the frame. this is the kind you can buy at walmart for about 15 bucks. This is a hell of a lot of fun to plink at with a .22. You are more then welcome to shoot at my clanger at the next Arlington rifle shoot. If you are a member of the AGC the Arlington Juniors shoot every sat in the am and would be happy to let you try one of these.

I will be able to post pictures Saturday night of this setup.

Damifinow Fish
    Executive Officer
    Alington Rifle and Pistol

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Thank you damifinowfish. This is all very interesting. I will be investing in some steel after I investigate types of steel and when money allows.

I will be one of "those" guys after the AGC to have some gun games, IDPA and three gun, especially if there is new leadership on board.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    We have been working to get these types of shooting allowed at the our range. But everyone has to be in agreement that we can do it a safe way. You just can't do things over night when several clubs have to agree on it.

The key to the steel targets is that it deflects the bullet into the berm or in a downward direction. Can't say this enough Safety first.

Please be safe and talk to the RSO about what you want to buy in the way of steel targets. I have had a few things disapproved for one thing or another. My current steel target frame has about 100 bucks into it. I have been asked to make these for people but they can get pricey

please please verify before you spend money on something that you might not be able to use. It could turn into a bad day if you are told you can't shoot at your target you've been dreaming of shooting all week long.

Damifinow fish

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    We have been working to get these types of shooting allowed at the our range. But everyone has to be in agreement that we can do it a safe way. You just can't do things over night when several clubs have to agree on it.

The key to the steel targets is that it deflects the bullet into the berm or in a downward direction. Can't say this enough Safety first.

Please be safe and talk to the RSO about what you want to buy in the way of steel targets. I have had a few things disapproved for one thing or another. My current steel target frame has about 100 bucks into it. I have been asked to make these for people but they can get pricey

please please verify before you spend money on something that you might not be able to use. It could turn into a bad day if you are told you can't shoot at your target you've been dreaming of shooting all week long.

Damifinow fish

The reason I said "investigate" was exactly that, I don't want to spend the money and not be able to use it. I have no idea where to begin.

Is the one in the OP OK?

Is there a cheaper way then the direction you chose?

More questions later.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    yes I just got carried away having something other then paper to shoot at.

I would say no the one in the opening page would not fly at the agc because it looks to deflect the bullet side ways and not downward or into the berm.

I saw the ground hog target at dick's sporting goods for 15 bucks +/-. Walmart has the little spinners for 15 bucks +/-. Over time these get shoot up pretty bad and you will have to make something to get them off the ground.

The Arlington Juniors are selling a nice heavy steel clanger in a free standing wood frame for 50 bucks. I have one of these ready to go if anyone is interested. I'll be working with the Jr's this Saturday morning if any one wants to look at it or the one I have.

Damifinow fish.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    I wonder if Myrtle Grove allows that kind of target at the 100 yard berm. It would be great for the 22LR challenge.

per Dan, no steel at all allowed at MG. I even saw him make a guy pull his target stand because it had a steel base even though the risers where wood

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom