• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    snapshotMD and I shot the PA steel match at SLCFSA today. Good times once again. I haven't heard from Tzoid in a few weeks and he wasn't there. If you guys have not did this before at SLCFSA then you are missing some great fun at the same time getting great experience.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    do you have any info in this? what is expected round count, how many stages, is there movement involved or just standing in one position, etc? it's a couple of hours away and i don't want to do a bunch of driving just to shoot a box or two of ammo.

thanks

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    do you have any info in this? what is expected round count, how many stages, is there movement involved or just standing in one position, etc? it's a couple of hours away and i don't want to do a bunch of driving just to shoot a box or two of ammo.

thanks

There are 5 stages, you shoot each stage 5 times from the same spot for a total round count of 125 rds with no misses Bring 150-200 depending on your skill level. The plates are all different sizes from 6" to 18" Circles and Squares, they can be right ontop of each other or 30 ft apart. If you cleck the website and the PA steel section and click on results it has pictures of previous stages setup. Tiz a good time I will be there as usual.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i'm tempted. i did the PA State challenge which was totally awesome. any chance i could shoot it once with one gun and then later (or even back to back) with a second gun?

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    It would depend on the number of people we have. You would need to an extra 10 bucks I'm sure also. I am not the one that runs this thing so I cannot give you a yes or no.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    this was a lotta fun although pretty cold. they were nice enough to let me shoot in open and production. as usual i have a little room for improvement...

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    this was a lotta fun although pretty cold. they were nice enough to let me shoot in open and production. as usual i have a little room for improvement...

Dave, was that you in my group? I was the short fat RSO and the skinny Asian dude was my assistant. :D

It was a bit chilly and we had the biggest group ever. I think it was 39 or 40 shooters. Everyone had a fun time I expect.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    John Lamparter was the RO in my group. We started on Stage 3 i think. I'm horrible with names and didn't get anyone else's. I'm gonna try to make it up again for the December shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom