• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate-X

Jul 20, 2010
    Hollywood, Maryland
    Is it any good? With the exception of not being able to reload that is. Walmart had 50 rounds of some brand.. taluma? For like $13.00 each.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I don't think I've ever shot any Tulammo in .45, but I've definitely put a bunch of it through various guns in .380, 9x18, and 9x19mm, and have had no problems. Very dirty, and a little bit of a funky smell IIRC, but that's no different from any of the cheap stuff, and Tulammo is definitely the cheapest price-wise. Supposedly steel cases can be tough on extractors, but I'm guessing the difference is pretty minimal, and the impact this has may very well be nonexistent in some guns. Clandestine or another smith could speak more to that.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Do as you wish OP.

Though MY GUNS will never see steel cased ammo except the commie tommie designed guns such as AK's SK's, Tokarevs, Makarovs, Jerkmeovs, etc. as they're designed to handle steel cases.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Careful trying to shoot it indoors. Some ranges have found that the bullet is not all lead, some have steel cores and they ban the use of the Tula, Bear and Wolf ammo.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I guess it depends on the gun you're running it through. I know I probably wouldn't run it through a 1911, but I have no qualms running steel-case ammo through a Glock.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Freestate Range won't allow it because the bullet has steel in it and damages the range.
    I imagine other ranges might feel the same.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    As mentioned before many indoor ranges won't allow steel stuff. The bullets found in steel cased ammo are usually magnetic meaning the jackets also contain steel. Steel jackets can cause undue wear to backstops, damage steel targets/target holders, and can spark when striking rocks or steel. Even some outdoor ranges ban magnetic bullets since they can increase the likelihood of a fire.

That being said I have no issues shooting the steel stuff out of most of my guns.

Bensmiata

The Newbie
    Dec 23, 2009
    MD
    As mentioned before many indoor ranges won't allow steel stuff. The bullets found in steel cased ammo are usually magnetic meaning the jackets also contain steel. Steel jackets can cause undue wear to backstops, damage steel targets/target holders, and can spark when striking rocks or steel. Even some outdoor ranges ban magnetic bullets since they can increase the likelihood of a fire.

That being said I have no issues shooting the steel stuff out of most of my guns.

Mostly because they can't resell the brass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom