Stay out of the high rises in DC, 40% of the ladder trucks are broken.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I don't work in DC but I do work in the 5th floor of a building. I have informed my coworkers that if the ever see me come in with rope and a harness, I'm quitting and it's going to be epic

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Dont worry, a mutual aid truck from Gaithersburg will be right there.

I wouldn't be so sure. If I recall correctly Montgomery threatened to stop providing mutual aid if DC went through with encrypting their radio communications.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Basic ATFP training says don't rent a room on the first floor, nor above the 9th floor; because most fire trucks don't have ladders that high.

DC-ambulance-27-burns-2.jpg

When I lived in a flat in Seoul on the 11th floor, I bought a tow strap and in an emergency, if I absolutely had no other choice; my plan was to use it to climb down with the strap, balcony by balcony. Thinking back on that plan now, that would have been scary as he77, but could have been my only option at that time.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I lost what little faith I had in EMS when I called 911 a few years ago and listened to busy signal. No offense to MDS members who serve......

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Why anyone would want to be a DC FF is beyond me.......and my hats go off to you gents/ladies

Ellerbie..........enough stated.

A lot say the same thing about MPDC as well, and I mean a lot, but DCF-EMS get the short stick all the time when it comes to funding, which amazes me because the cash surplus was in Jan of this year at $1.75 billion (rainy day) surplus, and that does include money made by speed cameras.

Whereas Baltimore City has significantly less, less cameras more hand written citations, and they (citation) contribute only $4 million around the same period.

Feb 28, 2013
    Basic ATFP training says don't rent a room on the first floor, nor above the 9th floor; because most fire trucks don't have ladders that high.

DC-ambulance-27-burns-2.jpg

When I lived in a flat in Seoul on the 11th floor, I bought a tow strap and in an emergency, if I absolutely had no other choice; my plan was to use it to climb down with the strap, balcony by balcony. Thinking back on that plan now, that would have been scary as he77, but could have been my only option at that time.

!20' of rope tied to one of those hooks that towing companies use. Commence rappelling.:)

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    !20' of rope tied to one of those hooks that towing companies use. Commence rappelling.:)

Wow man, you sent me a flashback of at least 45 years ago. I still remember the guys' first and last name who decided to slide down the rope in gym class......fast.:tdown:

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I lost what little faith I had in EMS when I called 911 a few years ago and listened to busy signal. No offense to MDS members who serve......

Recently, I found the keys to a Porsche 911, fairly loaded, right next to the car in NE. I tried to find a mpd non emergency number, but I couldnt, so I called some kind of ops center, who just transferred me to 911. They picked up and dispatched an officer. Well, like 40 min go by and my good samaritanism is wearing thin, so I found the number for the district HQ, and call that. They just transfer me to 911 again. Was on hold for several minutes when the officer pulled up, so I just hung up. Thank goodness my life was not in danger. That busy message would be terrifying if someone was breaking into your house.

DC needs a non emergency number..

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    This isn't the first time in DC ....all the units take an azz beaten with those roads and the number of calls they run.....Im not even certain having a back up fleet the same size as front line units would help..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom