• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    hopefully they get delayed long enough and amended enough that both the houses cant agree to one bill before sin die.

Hopefully, they all get run through a shredder before Sine Die. Not holding my breath, but still hoping.

Thing is, the uncertainty going forward bothers me. I would love to build up a couple 80's, especially a 2011 and a Sig that I want. However, what happens if I build them up and next year something like 740 is passed without a serialization or grandfather provision in place. So, I sit here debating what to do about the 80's I want to build.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Hopefully, they all get run through a shredder before Sine Die. Not holding my breath, but still hoping.

Thing is, the uncertainty going forward bothers me. I would love to build up a couple 80's, especially a 2011 and a Sig that I want. However, what happens if I build them up and next year something like 740 is passed without a serialization or grandfather provision in place. So, I sit here debating what to do about the 80's I want to build.

I'm not going to let possible future legislation scare me out of doing something i want to do that is currently legal.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm not going to let possible future legislation scare me out of doing something i want to do that is currently legal.

I wouldn't say I am "scared". It would just end up being a waste of time and money if I have to cut the finished 80's up at some point in the near future. I can spend time and effort elsewhere. Just trying to make an informed decision on how to move forward. Even if I did decide to do the 80's I want, and they passed the legislation in a future year, I would just take the frames, cut them in half, sell all the related parts and sleep soundly. It would just end up being a waste of my time and money.

USPS has not delivered my crystal ball yet. Once that gets here, I'll be good to go.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    I was referring to your wish that we not suggest to those who wish to move here that they reconsider.

Did I mention that I disagreed with your request that I cease advising these misguided souls to reconsider their future location? Because that was the intent of my post. (You know, "screw that.")

Acting within MD is not going to change anything for decades, if ever. If SCOTUS does not get five conservatives by 2020, MD will remain a hopeless case. I have no intention of supporting this regime with my taxes once I'm assured that the courts will offer no succor during what remains of my lifetime.

I agree 100% ;:thumbsup:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    How could they tell the difference between your lower milled on a press or milled in a CNC machine?

The question ends up being whether the first 80% counts toward the manufacture of a firearm. Then, there is the issue of barrels, etc. While the receiver is considered the "firearm", how is it interpreted when the receiver has an upper on it with a barrel stamped from Wilson Combat?

Lots of tricky spots in 740 the way it is, so IF it gets passed it needs a crap ton of amendments to it before I will actually finish up an 80.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    It's not just getting SCOTUS to have a majority of justices who understand the Constitution and not legal fads, it's getting the right case to SCOTUS to be decided. It does no good for a conservative majority if they don't hear a good case to be decided. Not all legal cases are equal...getting decisions based upon the Constitution are fine but they might be of limited importance but are still better than none at all. We need a big case that sweeps away all doubt about what the 2nd Amendment means and how broadly it's interpreted. I believe that's what Clarence Thomas meant when he has said the Court has shied away from 2nd Amendment cases.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Got this today in response from Delegate Shelly Hettleman to an email dated 21 Feb:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your concern for the proposed gun bills for this session. The proposed legislations are meant to make Maryland a safer state for everyone while not impeding on our Second Amendment right.

HB612-Public Safety - Regulated Firearms - Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR Rifle- simply alter the definition of "regulated firearm" to include the previously excepted Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle, making sure we are keeping dangerous firearms out of the hands of high-risk people.

I am a co-sponsor on this bill because as a State we need sensible gun safety policies to ensure that we are preventing instead of reacting to gun violence incidents. Though we may disagree about this particular issue, I am certain there are other issues upon which we will agree.
    Thank you again for contacting me, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance on this or any other issue.
    Sincerely,
    Shelly

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Got this today in response from Delegate Shelly Hettleman to an email dated 21 Feb:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your concern for the proposed gun bills for this session. The proposed legislations are meant to make Maryland a safer state for everyone while not impeding on our Second Amendment right.

HB612-Public Safety - Regulated Firearms - Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR Rifle- simply alter the definition of "regulated firearm" to include the previously excepted Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle, making sure we are keeping dangerous firearms out of the hands of high-risk people.

I am a co-sponsor on this bill because as a State we need sensible gun safety policies to ensure that we are preventing instead of reacting to gun violence incidents. Though we may disagree about this particular issue, I am certain there are other issues upon which we will agree.
    Thank you again for contacting me, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance on this or any other issue.
    Sincerely,
    Shelly

What an idiot. Sheesh. BTW: She's one of my delegates.

Last edited:

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    For what its worth, a bit earlier this week I received a reply to one of my letters to Mike Miller. Sounds promising (he is fairly influential), but I will believe it when I see it.

Click for larger.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    What an idiot. Sheesh. BTW: She's one of my delegates.

Yeah, I think she put 2 and 2 together and made 4 when it comes to the HBAR. She might not be as stupid as you think she is. Most of the liberals are probably not as dumb as we all hope they are and think they are. If they were really stupid, how could they be beating us in the general assembly and in the courtroom.

The Romans did not become "stupid", they just became "happy, fat, and lazy". They still had architectural marvels in place as they banned a standing army from Rome and they voted themselves bread from the treasury. That is where i think we are heading, "happy, fat, and lazy", and we will pay the price when the barbarians are knocking on the door.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Yeah, I think she put 2 and 2 together and made 4 when it comes to the HBAR. She might not be as stupid as you think she is. Most of the liberals are probably not as dumb as we all hope they are and think they are. If they were really stupid, how could they be beating us in the general assembly and in the courtroom.

The Romans did not become "stupid", they just became "happy, fat, and lazy". They still had architectural marvels in place as they banned a standing army from Rome and they voted themselves bread from the treasury. That is where i think we are heading, "happy, fat, and lazy", and we will pay the price when the barbarians are knocking on the door.

I used idiot in reaction to this comment in her letter: "we need sensible gun safety policies to ensure that we are preventing instead of reacting to gun violence incidents."

I agree that they are not as dumb as we may hope. I believe they are willfully ignorant. That combined with a complacent electorate is certainly leading us down a path the Romans tread.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Sincerely,
    Shelly

So by banning HBARs she's keeping dangerous firearms out of the hands of "high-risk" people like you and me?

Either seriously delusional or forked-tongued evil. Your call.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    For what its worth, a bit earlier this week I received a reply to one of my letters to Mike Miller. Sounds promising (he is fairly influential), but I will believe it when I see it.

Click for larger.

Alright, I caught myself before I hit the floor. Now, if he really votes against this bill, I will fall out of my chair and might need one of those "Help, I have fallen and I cannot get up!!!!!!!" buttons.

Then again, maybe they already have all the votes they need for this and they don't need his vote. So, he can save face with his pro 2A constituents.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    So by banning HBARs she's keeping dangerous firearms out of the hands of "high-risk" people like you and me?

Either seriously delusional or forked-tongued evil. Your call.

I tried to draft this three times now so as not to give the other side many hints/ammo, but I could not get it done. We can talk in person about the logic, or lack thereof, of the proposed HBAR ban.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Click for larger.

I about choked and spit on my keyboard.

"As a gun owner myself" ... lololololololol

gun owning is for us elite, not you plebes, sayeth the Miller.

Ask him to put his money where his mouth is and support an amendment tin the HPRB to make MD shall-issue. I look forward to his "As someone who carries myself..." letter. lolololol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom