• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RealGlocky

Apr 2, 2013
    salisbury, Md
    I know there are posts about what idpa is and I have searched and done some research. I not new to guns but I've not done any comps nor have I shot a lot of handguns. Are there any matches on the shore, I'm from salisbury. Maybe some tips for getting into the sport. I would like to be about to watch a few or I could just getting into the match, must easier for me to learn doing something. But any input would be great.

I'm also new to the forum so nice meeting you guys:cool16:

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I'm from Salisbury, and shoot IDPA I may be able to help you out. The closest places you are going to find is Bridgeville Delaware, and there is a club down by the VA line called NOAAWVA or something like that.

Bridgeville will have a shoot this saturday starts at 9, finishes around 12. I'd offer to meet you and show you where it is, but I'm not shooting there this weekend. I'll be shooting up in PA.

All you need is a gun, holster, 3 mags, and a mag pouch. Bring 100 rounds of ammo, I like to take 150 just in case I need to reshoot something. If you go up there this weekend ask for Chuck, he can take care of you.

I'd be glad to help anyway I can, or answer any questions. There will be another match at Bridgeville on the 20th, I plan to be at that one.

RealGlocky

Apr 2, 2013
    salisbury, Md
    That sounds good. IDk if im ready to shoot this time. But I may ride out to check it out. Where is it located in Bridgeville. Also what the cost to enter. What cal do most people shoot. 9mm? .45 1911? or does it not matter. I know you need a cover shirt as well right?

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    9/45, pistol/revovler, doesn't matter.

You be in a division with others shooting similar equipment as you. Cost is only $3. You are supposed to where a cover garment. They will probably let you slide on your 1st time, that'll be one less thing to worry about. You may as well shoot, don't worry about being fast, just be safe and listen to the saftey officer you'll be fine. It's really easy.

Range is on rifle range road in bridgeville De.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    eastern shore practical shooters is (iirc) about half an hour east of the bay bridge. they do uspsa not sure if they do idpa, but you should try that game as well. pretty much the same gear needed for both games, but you prob want 4-5 mags for uspsa and 150 rounds will normally cover you.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    eastern shore practical shooters is (iirc) about half an hour east of the bay bridge. they do uspsa not sure if they do idpa, but you should try that game as well. pretty much the same gear needed for both games, but you prob want 4-5 mags for uspsa and 150 rounds will normally cover you.

I didn't know about that place, I have to check that out. I want to start shooting USPSA. That's not to far from here, it's about 75-90 miles depending which way I go. According to google it's about 1:45 min drive either way.

I'm waiting on paperwork to go through on a new revolver(yup I'm one of those guys lol) that will work better for USPSA. After I get that, I'll have come up there and shoot. Assuming I can find bullets.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom