• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I missed out the recent Wideners bargains, but I did find a well priced C&R Star B on Gunbroker. Several listed by the same seller in the $200-280 range. Search "Star c&r".

5oyy.jpg

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Was that a Robertson's? If so, they are really nice people, and good to deal with, but take the "Israeli Army" stuff with a grain of salt. Many of those were Guardia Civil original issue, and have Union of South Africa logos stamped over the "GC" in a diamond.

That one looks nice. You should enjoy it ... they usually are excellent shooters, and they are very cool!

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    It's from Gary Cole, CDI Sales. I don't know where it came from originally. No Israeli markings. He has a ton of 9mm stuff for sale including some c&r High Power's.

I was pleased with the condition. Honest wear, not refinished that I could tell. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Was that a Robertson's? If so, they are really nice people, and good to deal with, but take the "Israeli Army" stuff with a grain of salt. Many of those were Guardia Civil original issue, and have Union of South Africa logos stamped over the "GC" in a diamond.

I got one of the Robertson's Model Bs. No cool GC or South African coolness, but it shoots real purty, even though it looks like it was dragged through various portions of both anus and hell.

ijwf.jpg

u3ie.jpg

7cu6.jpg

It's on the bubble of going to Bollinger's for some sniper grey Cerakoting...

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Have come to appreciate Star autos in the last 5 yrs or so. Always on the hunt for earlier models 1921 and 1922.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    It's on the bubble of going to Bollinger's for some sniper grey Cerakoting...

I'm thinking of doing the same thing but I want to try and get it shooting reliably before I make a final decision. It has intermittent issues with ejecting spent shells and sometimes it does not re-cock the trigger even after ejecting a spent shell. I still like the gun, though, in part because I lived in Spain for almost nine years when my father was stationed there. Kinda nostalgic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom