• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LS3Stig

Hey Jack
    Apr 13, 2016
    Silver Spring
    Just picked up a Stag Arms Model 3TL in 223 / 5.56. Im taking it to the family farm this weekend and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Stag and how they like their rifles.

Attachments

• stag.jpg
      stag.jpg
      62.3 KB · Views: 244

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have a regular model3. I LOVE it. Only complaint is the heat-sink style solid handguard gets hot! You'll be okay with that vfg though. I need to get one as well.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    4 shots, with 1 flyer with a Stag Model 6 equipped with an NC Star Scope. I absolutely LUV my
    Model 6. DOOYA think I shoot OK for a 71 yr. old retired USAF geezer. This is from a bi-pod. Not a machine rest!!

Stag "WAS" owned by the son of the guy who owns Continental Machine Tool. Continental made thousands of
    M-16's for the U.S.Military. I'm not sure of the status of STAG now days as the son, Mark Malkowski, was caught
    by the ATFE with numerous un-serialized AR lowers in his shop. He has been banned from ever manufacturing firearms.
    I'm sure it was just an honest mistake. It's not like he was an illegal gun-runner. A bit tough of a penalty IMHO !!!

Attachments

• 0527161600.jpg
      0527161600.jpg
      67.2 KB · Views: 164

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a Model 6 upper and it consistently performs as mentioned above. When my son gets a little older, I plan on getting a Stag lefty for him. Let is know how it shoots.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My son is looking to get on eventually. He lives in America (PA), so there's no hurry. He's buying a sporting clay shotgun next month. He will be happy to hear what others are saying about the quality and accuracy of this rifle.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Stag was my first bought upper, a 3HL. I've run the absolute piss out of it.

Currently has just shy of 18k rounds thru it. It can still deliver some pretty nice groups, but it has admittedly shot better in the past. Until it starts keyholing, it'll keep getting shot.

(Although I will say, shooting a right-hand AR as a lefty, zero issues with gas or brass to the face.)

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    I saw one up at Jlowes when I was picking up my lower. It had a good feel to it and I am very tempted to get one in the future. Post up how it performs after your shooting session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom