• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stevetull

Nov 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Stemmers Run Rifile & Pistol Club will be holding our third pin shoot at AGC's pistol range. June 4th from 12:00-4:00 Fees are $5.00 per entry per division.
    Divisions range from rimfire to centerfire. Iron sights to Optics. Revolver to semi-auto. Refreshments will be offered, bottle water, gatorade, snacks, grilled items,
    We ask for a donation for our food. Sign up early upon arrival. Please see the attached link.
    Shaun Quinn shows you how it's done. Bring chairs and safety glasses (required)
    I'll check for replies, thanks Stevetull

flintstone

Jan 1, 2013
    Perry Hall MD
    Stemmers Run Rifile & Pistol Club will be holding our third pin shoot at AGC's pistol range. June 4th from 12:00-4:00 Fees are $5.00 per entry per division.
    Divisions range from rimfire to centerfire. Iron sights to Optics. Revolver to semi-auto. Refreshments will be offered, bottle water, gatorade, snacks, grilled items,
    We ask for a donation for our food. Sign up early upon arrival. Please see the attached link.
    Shaun Quinn shows you how it's done. Bring chairs and safety glasses (required)
    I'll check for replies, thanks Stevetull

Is a 9mm carbine ok?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Unable to make this one, Steve, but I'll be up for a few this Summer.

Anyone looking to shoot their pistols at something other than paper targets should consider checking these matches out. Stemmer's is a great club and they run a safe, fun match. The grub ain't bad, either.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Many years ago BelAir Gun Range ( then Horst & McCann ) held bowling pin shoots indoors......with "REAL" bowling pins. Many times I'd collect the old pins from several local bowling establishments.

Shooting real pins is fun and challenging. Number 1 priority was to have at least a .45 cal for best results. The pins have a sweet spot. If you hit it just right, you knock it off the table with the first shot. If you missed the sweet spot you just "winged" the pin and it would spin around after falling over on the table. At that point it was much more difficult to get the pin off the table. Who ever got the pins off the table in the shortest period of time won a gift card. Lots of fun.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    It is a lot of fun. The steel pins are a challenge because they're slightly smaller than a real pin and match rules limit magazine capacity to 6 rounds per relay. Plus, the steel pins fall just as easily with a 9mm as they do with .45 ACP, so it's a little less expensive to shoot and it opens the match up to more competitors.

For real pins, I agree, 45 ACP is best for getting them off the table with one shot. 9mm is marginal. I've done so-so with hot 124gr and 147gr ammo but, more often than not, it takes at least two shots. With 45 you have a little more margin for error.

stevetull

Nov 24, 2009
    Baltimore

Baltimore County Game & Fish Protective Association

These guys hold bowling pin shoots using real pins, pin tops for 22.

Here's link to the calendar:

SRRPC
    We had a great day, all went well, I tried out a Taurus Judge today.
    If you haven't tried this, then you should, and the grubs pretty good too.
    Stay tuned I'm going to post the rules, entry fee. First time? first relay free.
    Stevetull

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom