• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Another cartridge would not chamber, sorry to disappoint.
    That's usually the case with hand loaded squibs. A result of a missed powder drop. Factory squibs are what I fear. They are often half powder charges, which make the gun go bang and often feel normal, pushing the bullet all the way into the barrel before getting stuck. That's when bad shit happens.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Shoot another bullet into the back of the other one. Make sure to film it so we can see how it works.
    Keep doing it until it extrudes out of the barrel like Playdoh.

1689015578952.png

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I took seven out of a 1911 when I was building Bullseye guns. The owner said he is a bad shot and wasn't concerned when no holes showed up on paper. :facepalm:
    That's the nice thing about shooting subs and or suppressed. You normally hear the thwack of the bullet hitting. If I don't hear a thwack, I stop and check things out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Get a bigger hammer. The steel will shrink more in the cold than lead making in harder to remove.
    Yeah, I would have gone in the opposite direction. Things that are stuck together usually respond better to heat.
    Things that are supposed to fit together but won't, then freeze the part that is to be inserted.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    That's usually the case with hand loaded squibs. A result of a missed powder drop. Factory squibs are what I fear. They are often half powder charges, which make the gun go bang and often feel normal, pushing the bullet all the way into the barrel before getting stuck. That's when bad shit happens.
    Over 50 years of shooting, my only squib was a factory load. Fortunately it contained enough powder that the boolit cleared the barrel, but the report was super quiet, and the drop was so great there was no hole in the paper.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    700 degrees and the lead will run right out of there. :D
    All kidding asides, I wouldn't apply any more heat than a warm bucket of water.
    Shit, in this case, I would have vised the barrel up and beat the bullet out with a cleaning rod and brass jag the minute I got the gun home. If at first, that disn't work, I'd increase hammer weight until it did. Hell, it's only a Sig barrel. :lol2:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I've had good success with the larger shotgun brass rods that came in a cleaning kit. Maybe an aluminum rod may work?

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I did, but as Byron said, Sarcasm, That sig barrel might just need a bit more tempering. ;) It takes 1500 to anneal it, to 700 is fine and swab with a dry cloth while still wet with lead and hot to remove it all and prevent tinning the rifling. :D

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    A CED squib rod is definitely in my bag at all times. It has been quite a while since I've had one, but I'd rather be prepared than not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom