• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    Not that I have that this issue but say if a couple is squatting on my property without initial lease (break in and refuse to leave) and I happen to have weapons, and Maryland happens to be a defend your castle doctrine law?

who wins in this case?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Case by case basis, but this it what I'd do. Lure them out with a trail of chocolate chips that lead to a platter full of cookies about 25yds from the house. When they leave the house to go get the cookies sneak back in and change the locks. No violence necessary.

May 13, 2005
    Hypothetically, in MD, if you had a weapon in the house that they are squatting and they found it, it is likely you would get charged with giving them access to your gun or some crap like that.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Attorney Steve Lehto, YouTube Channel Lehtos Law basically raised this point in one of his videos on squatters.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Not that I have that this issue but say if a couple is squatting on my property without initial lease (break in and refuse to leave) and I happen to have weapons, and Maryland happens to be a defend your castle doctrine law?

who wins in this case?
    Castle doctrine simply says that you don't need to retreat in your home. It does not remove the need for the other elements of a legal self-defense shooting. If someone's camped out on your property and refusing to leave - but not otherwise bothering you - and you shoot them, you're going to jail for a long time (and should be thankful MD isn't a death penalty state anymore).

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    so that sounds like If i break into someone's house without a gun, and steal from them, there's nothing they can do. If they beat me I can file for assault

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Start digging a hole in the front yard.

When they come out to ask you why, tell them "You know why." When they eventually ask if they can help dig too, hand them the shovel then sneak inside and lock the doors.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    so that sounds like If i break into someone's house without a gun, and steal from them, there's nothing they can do. If they beat me I can file for assault
    Nah, it sounds like you are clueless.

Do you have a baseball bat in your hand? Crowbar? Knife? Screwdriver?

Who is present in the house. Small, out of shape woman? How big and strong do you look? Could the person inside the house be scared of great bodily harm or death by you breaking into the house? How are you breaking into the house. Merely pushing open an already open door? Kicking in the front door? Crowbar/bat to the front door? Are you screaming "I'm going to kill you" as you are coming through the door?

You would at least be charged with breaking and entering if you get caught. Worst case, you would be getting carried out in a body bag.

It all depends on the entire situation.

Break into somebody's house later tonight, without a gun, and let us know how it goes. Give us a really good description of the play by play. Just in case this is actually taken as some sort of advice :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

That is my fill of shenanigans for now. Time for me to get back to work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom