• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I wish they made a Shaman in this CPM-4V <-- this might be my grail knife. I'm seriously in love with the Shaman.

I'm pretty happy with this little St. Nicks lightweight. I get that the lightweights don't seem as premium as other offerings, but they are great in the summer with board shorts, etc. I'll still probably carry the Salt on the boat just because it's H1. This little guy might come with me on the bike too because it disappears in the pocket and I find the PM2 can feel a bit big on a long ride.

Don Galt

Feb 8, 2022
    SOMD
    I have a Manix 2 XL and love it, but it’s an absolute (ambidextrous) beast. I much more frequently find myself reaching for my Delica.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Thanks to OP. I ordered mine Saturday morning and received it Monday afternoon. It seems nice, very light. I think I like it, but it takes me a little while to know if I really like it.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Thanks to OP. I ordered mine Saturday morning and received it Monday afternoon. It seems nice, very light. I think I like it, but it takes me a little while to know if I really like it.

My current edc has been a PM3 lightweight in BDN1 steel for over a year now. Love the knife but the steel just doesn't hold an edge. The 4v should solve that problem.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Also, this is the Para 3 lightweight, and a nice version of it. The standard version has G10 scales over steel liners, the lightweight has textured nylon with a minimalist liner on one side only, so it saves 1oz from the 3.4oz standard model. It has IMO an upgraded wire deep carry clip, and the grippier texture of the lightweight is better with wet hands. The only downside is that the action can feel a hair loose if adjusted to move freely, as one side is riding on plastic, and there is only 1 bushing on the lock side. Still stronger than needed for cutting, and I like them a lot better than the lockback delica. Still has the compression lock which is awesome, allowing easy 1 handed closing, and being the lock provides the detent, can either spydie flick it open, or press the lock and the blade swings out. Have a few standard and lightweight para 3 exclusives, and carry them often.

I have been thinking about the light weight Para-3, I really like my G10 basic black version.

As far as knife steels go, I'm happy with S30V or even VG10. Looks like Spyderco is replacing S30V with S45V, so I'm good with that as well.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My current edc has been a PM3 lightweight in BDN1 steel for over a year now. Love the knife but the steel just doesn't hold an edge. The 4v should solve that problem.

I have read that BD1N is similar to VG10 with with better edge retention, so that also sounds like a winner since it's not particularly expensive. A PM3 lightweight in BDN1 is on my wish list.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Been using it for the last few days, and I like it. Very sharp out of the box!

I like it too. I have a few Spyderco and used to the regular weight. This lightweight model is very light and feels it. Nice to carry because it’s so light but no heft and feels like it’s not there in my hand. I gave one to my younger son. He likes it too.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Got this Para 3 light weight exclusive from Cutlery Shoppe. CTS-XHP steel. I REALLY like this one. Looks like these are sold out.

IMG_1856.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom