• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Range report

After having checked the headspace and the bolt not closing on the "NO GO" gauge, I finally had a chance to take the Springfield to the range. I setup my target at 50 yards, and was shooting Greek M2 HXP ammo. I used the rear peep sight set for 100 yards. First shot was off-target by about 7 inches to the left, but elevation was perfect. I adjusted the windage dial a bit (as I did not have the tools to drift the front sight with me), took a second shot. Adjusted the dial a bit more (about 3 click marks) and here are the results:

SpringfieldM1903sightin042113.jpg

My buddy Petar took three shots after me on a different target, and he was only a little bit off from the above results.

So, I guess I'm done zeroing it in :) I'm looking forward to shooting it at 200 yds next time I have a chance and that range is open.

woodoctor57

May 2, 2009
    Calvert County Maryland
    Nice looking rifle! I actually have one in the 991000 serial range. Unfortunately mine was sporterized. They cut the barrel to 20" I have a high standard barrel for it; one day I will fix it.... these are great rifles with a very smooth action. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom