• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    Anyone been to the Sportsman Liquidators in Hughesville? Just noticed it this weekend. Its right by that Bar-b-que place that has a fire every year. Just north of gallant green rd.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Funny how this thread pops up as I'm searching all over the net trying to find out about this place. I just found out about it yesterday and my buddy said it was a Sportsmans Warehouse, but, I see that's not the case. Id be interested in knowing the details of the place before I go down there. At this point I assume it's just another gun shop ?

Sideways

Jan 24, 2010
    Eastern shore of Va.
    It is a Sportsmans liquidators.
    It is in the Old Issac Walton League building in Hughsville.
    Went in there yesterday, lot of hunting and fishing equipment.

They have ammo but did not see any guns.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    It is a Sportsmans liquidators.
    It is in the Old Issac Walton League building in Hughsville.
    Went in there yesterday, lot of hunting and fishing equipment.

They have ammo but did not see any guns.

:thumbsup: Just got back. Wall to wall camo clothing and hunting toys. No guns, but expensive ammo by the box. The other section was all fishing, which I don't partake in, but when my Father comes in from PA, I'll drag him in there to kill some time. He likes fishing.

I know a lot of people use the Win. 555 box of .22lr, so as a reference I remembered it was like $25.

It sounds pricey for 22lr, I know everything else was.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    :thumbsup: Just got back. Wall to wall camo clothing and hunting toys. No guns, but expensive ammo by the box. The other section was all fishing, which I don't partake in, but when my Father comes in from PA, I'll drag him in there to kill some time. He likes fishing.

I know a lot of people use the Win. 555 box of .22lr, so as a reference I remembered it was like $25.

$5-10 more than Wal-Mart. I might have to check it out just because.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    By the Isaac Walton?

It took the place of the Isaac Walton. One side is hunting, one side is fishing. I didn't stay long, I didn't have much time but it looks like they had some stuff like 3d deer targets that had some blemishes on them or the paint scheme on the nose was wrong and because of this were sold at a good price. I didn't check ammo or much else, I went on the opening day, the place was packed, got tired of getting bumped into, and saw more than a few people that I disagree with so I left. I intend to go back when it's a little calmer. It'll still be nice to have a place to go if I need something real quick.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Being Christmas time, I didn't think twice about the 30' inflatable deer head in the parking lot. I just kept driving past it with blinders on.

Ohhhh, it's a sporting goods store.:facepalm::lol2:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Being Christmas time, I didn't think twice about the 30' inflatable deer head in the parking lot. I just kept driving past it with blinders on.

Ohhhh, it's a sporting goods store.:facepalm::lol2:

Surprised it has survived hunting season.

Nate-X

Jul 20, 2010
    Hollywood, Maryland

Unfortunately Walmart doesn't keep 22 in stock for more than a few hours it seems! I want a box of 555 dangit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom