Sporting Clays @ Oxford Gub Club this Sunday!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    For all you wanna be shooters out there Oxford has a 50 bird course set up and if I remember correctly it's $14......breakfeast is cheap and excellant!!!

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    Every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. Oxford's sporting clays course is one of the best kept secrets in the area! I'm not sure if they were open this week, but I got lazy and stayed home.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    They were open this past Sunday-was about 27degrees when I got there and a couple inches of crusty snow,maybe 20 or so shooters there-had a good time despite the numb fingers.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Okay, im in. Unless its below freezing Ill be there around 10 or so, probably bring along atleast one other wanna be.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I suspect it fills pretty quick if signup starts at 7AM. It's a good hour away for me, so I'd have to leave my house at 6AM. Don't think that's gonna happen. I would hate to drive up there and find I can't shoot because it's full.

ps: Do you have to be a member to shoot?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    No membership. 14 bucks. Get there at nine or ten so that the morning rush are signed up and already oute. I doubt you would be told you can't shoot. Membership is like 15 a year or 100 bucks for lifetime

Get there at nine, sign up, grab a breakfast in the club house for a few bucks by the time you are done eating your squad will be ready

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    It is open to the public, but membership is only $15 for the first year and $10 thereafter or $100 lifetime.

I wouldn't worry about leaving the house at 6 am. It is about a 50 minute drive for me and I usually get there around 9 am. At 9 you will most likely be signing up for the somewhere around squad 5-7. Squad 7 always seems to go off around 10 am. I seem to always end up on squad 6 and head out to the course around 9:45. By 11:00 there isn't much of a wait and you are still almost guaranteed a spot to shoot unless something crazy is going on. As I recall they usually end up with 10-12 squads total for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom