• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Not true. We can also stop it by killing thieves.
    It may feel cathartic to say that, but you will find yourself charged with serious crimes and convicted under Maryland Law for doing so.

Maryland Criminal Pattern Jury Instructions (MSBA)
    CHAPTER FIVE DEFENSES
    DEFENSE OF PROPERTY–NONDEADLY FORCE
    MPJI-Cr 5:02.1

[A person may not use deadly force to defend [his] [her] property. Deadly force is that amount of force reasonably calculated to cause death or serious bodily harm.]

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It's the only way this stops.

*****The only way this *really* stops is for the justice system to start bringing about better justice that is swift, certain and severe for this type of crime vs what we have now where recidivist criminals just keep doing the same thing over and over again. We can't defend property in Maryland ourselves - you'll probably go to jail.

The number of really hardened criminals is thankfully quite low but the very worst of them, with the long rap sheets, propensity towards violence and who commit aggravated car jacking, assaults, live the thug life, and are serial predators on society, etc.. should just be removed from society, permanently. That realistically means life without parole, but it would just be more practical and cheaper to just kill them (preferably publically so their friends or others with the same inclinations might think twice before possibly ending up the same way..)

Yes yes, property crime - it's just a car, and insurance will pay for it all..etc.. I've heard the usual soft on crime people say this a lot. Someone who violently carjacks people or even just steals cars is not a good person and is probably in many cases not redeemable, unlike some recyclables.

Remove the worst criminals from society permanently and I bet it will be a net positive on society - especially if we harvest their organs and give them to needy orphans being raised by nuns in a nunnery or wherever orphans and nuns live now, hopefully in harmony.

OnStar and other such anti-theft/tracking devices won't be needed as much - and decent honest people who are not criminals will be able to live their lives without fear that someone is going to rob, rape, carjack, or burglarize their home, steal their dog, eat all of the Milano cookies in the pantry, etc..

Yup.

decent-person.jpeg

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Insurance rates have been increasing across the board, including auto insurance. Do insurance companies benefit from more crime or is it a wash with the increase in claims?
    They'll come out ahead. Eventually the stolen car rate will go down, the premiums won't.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Remember when public hanging was a thing? I bet that would slow crime down. Of course the amount of one race that got hung would be disproportionate to the others and deemed racist.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    How effective do you think this Auto Theft Unit will be?

Why isn’t MoCo PD using bait cars?

How effective do you think the legal system will be in incarcerating the thieves?

Of course I'm expecting the legal system to be completely ineffective at doing that here.

Well, there's the bottleneck, right?
    What if someone steals your car? It’s a question we hear a lot — “can OnStar locate my car?” We sure can. Once law enforcement confirms your vehicle has been stolen, our Advisors use GPS to help authorities find your vehicle. But that’s just the beginning. When it’s safe, we’ll work with authorities to remotely slow it down.*  And with Remote Ignition Block™,*  we can also remotely prevent a thief from restarting your vehicle. If your vehicle is stolen, the OnStar theft protection team has your back. And your car. Our Advisors work with law enforcement to help you get your vehicle back quicker and safer.

It's the only way this stops.

I'll never be a fan of any system that allows "authorities" access over my vehicle. That's not only just wrong, it's anti-American and very scary.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    It may feel cathartic to say that, but you will find yourself charged with serious crimes and convicted under Maryland Law for doing so.
    I was hoping the law enforcement and incarceration parts of government would do my dirty work for me. Unfortunately, our Marxist overlords don't allow them to do their jobs.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Well, there's the bottleneck, right?

I'll never be a fan of any system that allows "authorities" access over my vehicle. That's not only just wrong, it's anti-American and very scary.
    I expect this Unit will make arrests. I don't expect the prosecutors to do anything about it with substantial sentence requests.

Here's the procedure for OnStar:

Here’s how to report a stolen vehicle:
    • First, file a police report, and let the police know you have OnStar.
    • Then call OnStar at 1.888.4ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827).
    • Using  Stolen Vehicle Assistance,*  we’ll help law enforcement recover your car.
    You have to file the police report first, let them know you have OnStar and then you call OnStar who will assist police in recovering it.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I was hoping the law enforcement and incarceration parts of government would do my dirty work for me. Unfortunately, our Marxist overlords don't allow them to do their jobs.
    Anarcho-Tyranny.

As described by Samuel Francis:

“Anarcho-tyranny is the combination of oppressive government power against the innocent and the law-abiding and, simultaneously, a grotesque paralysis of the ability or the will to use that same power to carry out basic public duties such as protection or public safety,” wrote columnist Samuel Francis of the term he coined in the 1990s to describe the connection between civil disorder and oppressive government.

They'll make sure they handle you.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I expect this Unit will make arrests. I don't expect the prosecutors to do anything about it with substantial sentence requests.

Here's the procedure for OnStar:

Here’s how to report a stolen vehicle:
    • First, file a police report, and let the police know you have OnStar.
    • Then call OnStar at 1.888.4ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827).
    • Using  Stolen Vehicle Assistance,*  we’ll help law enforcement recover your car.
    You have to file the police report first, let them know you have OnStar and then you call OnStar who will assist police in recovering it.
    This tecchnology looks helpful on the surface, but is easily abused, as is every technobit of control surrendered to Authority.

Wait until your Social Credit Score drops too low.

Scary? Paranoid? Look to China, and to Biden, who is a subsidiary of the CCP.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    This tecchnology looks helpful on the surface, but is easily abused, as is every technobit of control surrendered to Authority.

Wait until your Social Credit Score drops too low.

Scary? Paranoid? Look to China, and to Biden, who is a subsidiary of the CCP.
    That's a fair concern of course.

LoJack is still around: https://lojack.com/products/stolen-vehicle-recovery-cars-trucks-suvs/

They also offer LoJack Go as an after-market install: https://lojack.com/products/lojack-go-stolen-vehicle-recovery-for-cars-trucks-suvs/

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    So you don't trust the government to use their powers of law enforcement in an ethical way but your are ok with them using technology to control your life?
    Not sure what you mean here.

I want the perpetrators arrested, sentenced and imprisoned. OnStar/LoJack can help the police catch the criminals to have that happen. Would MoCo actually follow through? I have no idea. However, Elrich voters get their cars stolen and continue voting for Elrich anyway, so that's why we're here.

My reference to Anarcho-Tyranny is for how the Prosecution would address any "deadly force" self-defense of property action you would take.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Insurance rates have been increasing across the board, including auto insurance. Do insurance companies benefit from more crime or is it a wash with the increase in claims?

If you ask them , they will bemoan theft rates .

In the long run , they will raise rates at least enough to cover losses .

But since it takes a while for detailed breakdown of annual stats to be published , and then 6-12 month policy lengths , they can be behind the curve .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom