• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M6HTZ

Nov 1, 2008
    Signal Mountain, TN
    I am very impressed with the trigger from Spikes. The thing is a work of art compared to the Bill Springfield trigger that it is replacing.

The kit comes with 2 pins, one with a groove in the center and one with a groove on the side. Does it matter which pin I use for the hammer or trigger? I installed the trigger with the side grooved pin, and I used the center grooved pin for the hammer.

Last edited:

wjt1169

I am very impressed with the trigger for Spikes. The thing is a work of art compared to the Bill Springfield trigger that it is replacing.

The kit comes with 2 pins, one with a groove in the center and one with a groove on the side. Does it matter which pin I use for the hammer or trigger? I installed the trigger with the side grooved pin, and I used the center grooved pin for the hammer.

You did it correctly. The pins are blackened stainless steel. The grove in the center of the hammer pin is there so that the pin is held in place by the J spring in the hammer. The grove on the side of the trigger pin is there so that the pin is held in place by either the left or the right side of the hammer spring...so it doesn't matter which way you install the trigger pin.

M6HTZ

Nov 1, 2008
    Signal Mountain, TN
    You did it correctly. The pins are blackened stainless steel. The grove in the center of the hammer pin is there so that the pin is held in place by the J spring in the hammer. The grove on the side of the trigger pin is there so that the pin is held in place by either the left or the right side of the hammer spring...so it doesn't matter which way you install the trigger pin.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. The install was very easy. I can't wait to shoot it.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    installed the trigger tonight, really surprised how much of an improvement a 50 some dollar trigger could make

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom