• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    According to a "Read This First / Special Announcement" on their homepage, Spikes Tactical is taking a stand on behalf of those who reside in non-permissive states:

In light of the recent and numerous anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment laws pending across the Nation, We will be joining other manufacturers and distributors and limiting the business we do in states that have limited the right to keep and bear arms for their citizens.

As of today, it will be our policy not to sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies, government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We urge other companies to join in support.​

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    This was their stance last time. When did their stance change back to LE/MIL/GOV sales that they need to restate this?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    How many .gov agencies are running around with the gimmick lowers Spike offers? I've yet to see a patrol rifle with a red spider on it or a pirate ship.

Is this a little more then grand standing? I wonder what % of their sales were to .gov to begin with.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How many .gov agencies are running around with the gimmick lowers Spike offers? I've yet to see a patrol rifle with a red spider on it or a pirate ship.

Is this a little more then grand standing? I wonder what % of their sales were to .gov to begin with.

I kept my spider black. It's more "operator".;)

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    This does nothing to hurt these agencies. Because agencies can aquire "quality" rifles from other companies. Spikes is willing to take that stand because LE agencies are not really interested in buying their lowers or rifles. Just saying. When Knights armament, Colt, FN, HK, Sig, LWRC, Smith and Wesson and the big names do this maybe the agencies will take notice. But remember republicans need to stop loosing elections. The police agencies take their orders from elected officials. I have yet to meet a police officer that thinks more gun laws will solve the problem of gun violence.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    This does nothing to hurt these agencies. Because agencies can aquire "quality" rifles from other companies. Spikes is willing to take that stand because LE agencies are not really interested in buying their lowers or rifles. Just saying. When Knights armament, Colt, FN, HK, Sig, LWRC, Smith and Wesson and the big names do this maybe the agencies will take notice. But remember republicans need to stop loosing elections. The police agencies take their orders from elected officials. I have yet to meet a police officer that thinks more gun laws will solve the problem of gun violence.

And they will all be on "our side" when the orders to confiscate/arrest come down.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

This.

Probably the only LE being effected by this are small town municipalities with smaller budgets with little buying power to seek out the "big names". Exactly the ones you don't want to hurt.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    When they, possibly, had problems meeting payroll. :innocent0

Yup. This is all fluff. I like ST. I still want a HAVOC. But this is just showboating, free press and makes some in the community feel like they are really "sticking it to the man".

Yeah right airhead... I am not buying it. Hence my initial posts.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Stupid
    Even if Half THIER business was LE
    Who would you be hurting? LE and its citizens.
    Not fooling anyone there Spike.
    You want to support MD? How about pump up supply and offer half price rebate to MD residents?
    THAT will piss off 2A's enemies!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Stupid
    Even if Half THIER business was LE
    Who would you be hurting? LE and its citizens.
    Not fooling anyone there Spike.
    You want to support MD? How about pump up supply and offer half price rebate to MD residents?
    THAT will piss off 2A's enemies!

Very true. Hopefully they are at least ramping up production...or do they have enough already laying around that were supposed to go to NYPD?

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Sorry, everyone. Although I searched MDS for posts on this, and did a quick search for stories on Google News, I didn't do an exhaustive search before posting.

However, when I read FrankOceanXray's post, I did a deeper search, and found that the policy seems to date to early 2013. Here are stories from TTAG and Guns.com with some more detail.

Please accept my apologies for unintentionally sharing dated information.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Oh my, whatever will all of those agencies awaiting Spike's rifles do now. :rolleyes: I mean I appreciate the thought but c'mon, I've never seen an agency that purchased Spike's guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom