• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    Man......i wish you guys wouldn't of posted this. I wasn't looking for another lower but damn I like these. I guess addiction comes in many forms.

MDcompetition

Anti-poacher
    MDS Supporter
    May 8, 2013
    Baltimore, MD.
    One minute Spikes states that they have a one year backlog for lowers then this pops up. I checked the link and it's for real. What gives? Is this whole shortage of ammo and parts contrived? That is what it appears to be. I am starting to feel like I and my fellow enthusiasts are being played for chumps by the gun/ammo manufacturers.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    One minute Spikes states that they have a one year backlog for lowers then this pops up. I checked the link and it's for real. What gives? Is this whole shortage of ammo and parts contrived? That is what it appears to be. I am starting to feel like I and my fellow enthusiasts are being played for chumps by the gun/ammo manufacturers.

Ding ding ding.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I'm thinking of getting one of these as my last pre-Oct 1 purchase.

Gonna call The Bank Gun & Pawn tomorrow. Hopefully they are still doing 8 day release.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS

Uhhh...WTF? This is how things go for a dealer:

Dealer places order.

Dealer waits a long time to receive order.

Dealer receives inventory and then sells it to customers.

The lowers we've been receiving in recently were ordered in May of 2012 IIRC. We have tens of thousands of dollars still backordered from 2012.

Spike's ships out orders in the order they were placed. If you order a lower from Spike's right now you'll have tens of thousands of lower orders ahead of yours, which will most likely take 8-12 months to ship.

Demand has always been high for Spike's lowers and they have always taken a while to ship. The demand spike over the last 8-12 months has left many manufacturers way behind. Many dealers are getting into the market as well, which also takes up some of the supply chain.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    @JoeBob.... Do you have an order in for the Spikes Calico Jack? That's the last one I need to complete my Spikes Collection and don't feel like overpaying for one. Although I will if I can't find them pre October.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    @JoeBob.... Do you have an order in for the Spikes Calico Jack? That's the last one I need to complete my Spikes Collection and don't feel like overpaying for one. Although I will if I can't find them pre October.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was after one of those also, have a spider in the brig currently. Although I do like the seekins joe bobs has in stock at the moment, Just need to justify it to the missus!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    can anyone notify us after the receive one of their orders? just want to make sure this wont be any back order when I place an order.

I did paperwork on my joebob's order on Monday. He doesn't do backorders.

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    I was able to get 2 Spikes lowers. One with the spider logo and on with the punisher logo. The total was $250.00 shipped. Just wondering if that sound like a decent price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom