• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Hey, Joebob since you only get a limited number of the enhanced lpk maybe you could limit the order to one or two per person. When one person buys a few it sort of keeps out other people. You the man Joebob.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    in my opinion it always nicer to piece it together kinda makes it feel more of your own rather then a bought kit but as far the ease of purchase with everything being all in one kit you cannot beat this

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    We are talking about the spikes enhanced lpk... Take a look at what is included. Very different from a $50 cmmg lpk.[/QUOTE

"Has anyone used the spikes kits? If so is this a good choice for a 1st ar build or should I try something different? "

Did not say enhanced in OP, just saying.

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    in my opinion it always nicer to piece it together kinda makes it feel more of your own rather then a bought kit but as far the ease of purchase with everything being all in one kit you cannot beat this

I'm with you on this as well. I like having everything in the cheaper "kits" but usually add anti walk trigger pin kit and better springs.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    2011 price is tough to beat, the lead times are the things are killer. But beyond the FCG, Billet Trigger Guard everything else is run of the mill LPK material.

And ambi safety, and ergo grip, and KNS pins...(that's $80 right there in parts alone)....

Hey, Joebob since you only get a limited number of the enhanced lpk maybe you could limit the order to one or two per person. When one person buys a few it sort of keeps out other people. You the man Joebob.

Restricting items to 1-2 a person is only friendly to some customers, and they'd still sell out as fast regardless. We limit them to 5/customer (We have dealers who order from us). Most customers only order 1-2 at a time anyways. Nobody orders 20+, etc.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    And ambi safety, and ergo grip, and KNS pins...(that's $80 right there in parts alone)....

And at the 2011 price it is hard to beat. IF I was patient enough to wait for one I would. But right now you can get the enhanced kit off spikes website at the enhanced price or go piece meal. Joebob I am not dogging spikes I like the majority of their stuff but if you wanted an enhanced kit now you have to pay the new premium spikes has latched on or wait for you to get more, or you can piece meal it I am just giving the guy all his options. :)

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    And at the 2011 price it is hard to beat. IF I was patient enough to wait for one I would. But right now you can get the enhanced kit off spikes website at the enhanced price or go piece meal. Joebob I am not dogging spikes I like the majority of their stuff but if you wanted an enhanced kit now you have to pay the new premium spikes has latched on or wait for you to get more, or you can piece meal it I am just giving the guy all his options. :)

It's out of stock on Spike's website also. I thought the same thing once, then learned that Spike's site does not tell you it is out of stock until you add the item to your cart. :(

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS

Sort of...you can't order it from Spike's and get it quickly, no matter what price you pay. They're way backed up. We still haven't received all of our Enhanced LPK's we ordered at 2011 pricing, (it's September), to give you an idea.

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    Let's just say I couldn't wait til they became available again. Spent about 2 hours lookin for the parts to put one together myself. For a few dollars more than the enhanced kit is going for I built my own lower parts kit from a standard PSA kit, magpul MIAD grip (ergo wasn't a big deal to me, I have a spare hogue at home if I need rubber) added a noveske/magpul 60 degree ambi safety, added the spikes trigger, the kns pins, and a magpul BAD, and a trigger adjuster.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Let's just say I couldn't wait til they became available again. Spent about 2 hours lookin for the parts to put one together myself. For a few dollars more than the enhanced kit is going for I built my own lower parts kit from a standard PSA kit, magpul MIAD grip (ergo wasn't a big deal to me, I have a spare hogue at home if I need rubber) added a noveske/magpul 60 degree ambi safety, added the spikes trigger, the kns pins, and a magpul BAD, and a trigger adjuster.

Sounds nice... if JBO had not come through at just the right time for me, I would have done the same. Good luck with the build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom