• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I purchased a Spikes Zombie lower for giggles for a 9mm build.

Turns out the lower is completely off with regards to the front pivot pin area. First the Gemtech Talon upper I had did not fit between the brackets. A gunsmith had to shave quite a bit off to make it fit. We did check the upper on another lower or two and it fit fine there so it had to be my zombie lower. Now the pivot pin is tight as all be it. It can go through one hole fine but you can see it no longer lines up with the second hole. Once forced in it is SO tight you have to use a punch and hammer to get it out.

Any ideas how to fix this without chopping the cr%# out of my lower. T add insult to injury this is a SBR registered lower.

Dave

Dec 6, 2011
    Def get with Spikes. If they find it is out of spec, they could manufacture another receiver with the same serial number and destroy the original.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Def get with Spikes. If they find it is out of spec, they could manufacture another receiver with the same serial number and destroy the original.

I dont think they can legally do that. Someone with more legal manufacturing knowledge could answer better than I. I talked to Bill at Spikes. Going to take some pics and send them to Bill. Might send them the lower and let them mess with it.

I can do without it for a bit if they can get it fixed.

Dave

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Was considering that but my problem is a gunsmith already hacked on it a bit. They might just give up on it or charge me to fix the issue.

Might be worth a shot though.

Dave

WTF is wrong with him... Brand new lower... Ya... I'd have his ass... or at the very least a new lower on his dime, not Spikes. He should have had the sense to call first then make a decision.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

This might be a problem since it is an NFA item.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Unless its a factory spikes lower they are NOT the manufacturer is it was made on a Form 1. I doubt they will do anything beyond offer to destroy the lower and replace it with a good one for free. If so, your still out another $200 for another BATFE SBR stamp/paperwork.

This is why you have a reputable shop build SBR's, or buy a factory SBR.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Shouldn't he be ok with a new one from spikes with the same serial? Somewhere I read that one of the suppressor manufacturers did that for a customer who either wrecked his or there was something completely wrong with it.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Shouldn't he be ok with a new one from spikes with the same serial? Somewhere I read that one of the suppressor manufacturers did that for a customer who either wrecked his or there was something completely wrong with it.

Nope, as soon as he Form 1'd it, he became the manufacturer.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom