• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    The State Highway Administration is dropping the speed limit from 50, to 45, on a one mile stretch of Rt 140, between Wawa, and MVA/MSP

Now it will take that much longer to get to chili woofers at Sheetz

Speed traps in 3 ... 2 ... 1

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    But they're worth that slight extra wait, no? The ketchup free variety that is. :innocent0
    2/$1 FTW!!!

29459.jpeg

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    :thumbsup: That's really making me wish I wasn't in the middle of some evening bourbon at the moment. Now I've got a craving for a chili dog with jalapenos. Now if I could only predict when the sociopath who works at my local Sheetz is on duty, so as to avoid the placement of chili under the dog. I swear, there's one in every bunch.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    What they need to do is change the lights at the Bethel and Sandymount intersections, so each side gets dedicated time (meaning the same way it's done at Market St).

jspero

Aug 6, 2009
    One Foot Out The Door
    I'm not sure how I feel about the drop. There are a LOT of stupid drivers, but most people slow to 50 (west bound) or 55 (east bound) through there anyway. Too many people coming out of the MVA and the SP barracks is right there. Its also already pretty heavily patrolled and there are several speed trap sites along that stretch to catch the idiots pulling the Maryland Pass in the right turn lane east bound. This may actually cause more of a problem dropping from 55 to 45 to quickly westbound.

The bigger question is what happened to to the Master Plan for the limited access road through the rest of Westminster giving us back an actual bypass. Or is there now a bypass bypass?

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    They must need money. I saw MSP, Carroll County Sheriff's office, and Westminster City Police all over 140 yesterday.
    And the Dot has been out as well. I was out firday and about 4 trucks stopped by 4 different units.. Making stops and Inspections.. As well as fines I'm sure.

Moore needs his coffers filled up, so he can spend more..

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    The State Highway Administration is dropping the speed limit from 50, to 45, on a one mile stretch of Rt 140, between Wawa, and MVA/MSP

Now it will take that much longer to get to chili woofers at Sheetz

Speed traps in 3 ... 2 ... 1

When was the speed limit dropped? Did they post warnings that the limit was dropped immediately after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom