• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I'm thinking about taking mine to the gun show tomorrow to try to sell. What's it worth? I haven't seen another at a show in over a year, it's not like they grow on trees. Other than asking you fine folks, is there a way to assess its current market value?

ImperatorZices

Imperator
    Jan 22, 2009
    Coincidentally, I was just considering putting my FR-8 in the classifieds. I did a bit of research, and it seems that it sells for between $450 and $500 depending on the rifle's condition and accessories included.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    About a month or two ago one went on Gunboards for $325 shipped. The finish definitely had some wear but overall it wasn't too bad. I've seen them anywhere between $325 and $500. The $500 gun I saw had a giant crack in the stock and was at the Frederick gun show....obviously extremely inflated prices. Like you said, they aren't something you see pop up all the time but if you want it to move quickly I'd say somewhere around $375-$425 if in good shape. .

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Thanks, I think I'll take it for a walk in timmonium tomorrow. Every time I see it in the safe I see a new Glock.

If it doesn't sell I'll offer it to the fine proletariate here.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I kick myself in the rear-end every time I see my shootin' buddy's FR-8.:mad54:

He bought one at "Zayre" for $94.00!:mad54:

Shoulda bought one.

I'd like to get one, but, I'm not payin' $500 for it.
    I'd give $375 cash, for one in good shape, though.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    About $300 for average, $400 pristine. Paid $300 for mine which is probably between the two about a year ago with bayonet, its one of those neat looking guns that has a good following due to its "relative" scarcity and eye appeal.

They are good guns and really an ultimate scout gun in many ways. Id buy another at the right price, but not $500.

Just be careful if you shoot full house .308 through them, they can take it for a while..........but not forever. Stay safe and use 7.62*51 surplus or WWB 7.62*51.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom