• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Over the weekend I got a message from jsuther about a wanted ad I had. The message seems like generic spam. Googling the phone number reveals posts on other sites/gun forums such calguns, longrangehunting about spam.

http://www.mdshooters.com/member.php?u=36637

jsuther said:
    Hi and Happy Holidays,

I can help you with a lead. Please contact Jeff on jeffjohnsonrider@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in Nunnelly, TN 37137 USA and the last time we talked , he had for sale. I purchased items from him and they arrived in NEW condition as described and just right on time. His cell # is 931-257-7351. HE IS TRUSTED.......

Thanks

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Strange. Did you look up jsuther's profile to see how active he is and if this is just a newbie trying to help out.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    I did....no posts on our forum, no location listed, generic pm that has terms like "items" and "request", googling the phone number returns hits for others inquiring about the same message word for word. Same thing when you google the email address.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I also posted in the WTB looking for a Glock 26. I got the same PM. I didn't think much of it and just replyed that I already found one. I don't think he can be trusted.

Hi and Happy Holidays,I can help you with a lead. Please contact Jeff onjeffjohnsonrider@gmail.com*regarding your request. He is located in Nunnelly, TN 37137 USA and the last time we talked , he had for sale. I purchased items from him and they arrived in NEW condition as described and just right on time. His cell # is 931-257-7351. HE IS TRUSTED.......Thanks

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Good to see I'm not the only one. I had posted about some powder I was looking for and got the same message. Seemed odd. Didn't think much of it though.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    I've seen like accounts on other sites I've moderated.... automated marketer.

Proly' consideration should be made for banning the account.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    If we banned the perp under another IP addy...... get ready to do it again.
    Legit' accounts don't generate scam PMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom