• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    I found a solution. It's expensive though.

I got a F5MFG stock:
    veo0kj4.png

I found a used ACR Stock, like pictured above. I do not want to shoot with that monster LOP and in the off chance the ATF show up at the range, I wanted to be able to extend the stock to that last position.

I drilled a small hole in the mount part and used this spring plunger below. I was able to just screw it into that hole already in the stock portion. Works like a charm, now the stock is fully functional, just a pain to get it past the initial block where you need to pull the tab plus the 2 buttons on the stock.

Amazon product ASIN B098SWCBXL
    I am not 100% sure its 29" but measuring it looks very close (aka I won't "make" the sbr until I get a stamp). If you say it is, I might start working the paperwork. Pics to follow.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I found a used ACR Stock, like pictured above. I do not want to shoot with that monster LOP and in the off chance the ATF show up at the range, I wanted to be able to extend the stock to that last position.

I drilled a small hole in the mount part and used this spring plunger below. I was able to just screw it into that hole already in the stock portion. Works like a charm, now the stock is fully functional, just a pain to get it past the initial block where you need to pull the tab plus the 2 buttons on the stock.

Amazon product ASIN B098SWCBXL
    I am not 100% sure its 29" but measuring it looks very close (aka I won't "make" the sbr until I get a stamp). If you say it is, I might start working the paperwork. Pics to follow.
    I'm not sure how close the F5MFG stock is to a true ACR stock, but like I said you will need to remove some material on the last block to reach 29".

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Have you guys seen this?

Have you guys seen this?

Yeah, and I'm hindsight 20/20 pissed I SBR'ed my AP5 to MD standards.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I submitted the ATF paperwork for my PTR...with a copy of the MSP letter. We'll see how it turns out.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    For what it's worth, I just got back an ATF Form 1 for a PTR9 with brace. I sent a copy of the MSP letter with the application, they seem to have accepted it.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Time for me to go public. I mentioned it to a few people at the MSI fundraiser yesterday. I've been working on an adapter for the new collapsible Magpul SL stock. I designed a spacer (about 2.75") to hit 29". Ok, so this is like all the other long LOP solutions? Nope! It can work like what I did for the MPX. I can cut another notch in the slider to stop about 2.75" shorter and maintain the orig LOP yet still be able to extend to 29".
    Right now the spacer is only 10mm as it prints quick and I'm dialing in the fit on both sides (It's a PITA to fit all the curves and bends in the Magpul stock!) Have gen 5 on the printer now and I think it should be the one. Then I'll stretch it to the required length and print the first full length one - tomorrow hopefully. I still need to source screws but I have an idea for that.
    One of the benefits is that as an extendible stock (and not a folder) it's not an evil feature and you can still use a suppressor.

Attachments

• PXL_20230430_235844907_r1024a.jpg
      PXL_20230430_235844907_r1024a.jpg
      176.8 KB · Views: 153

djcerna

Stuck in the Middle
    Aug 4, 2010
    Rockville MD
    Time for me to go public. I mentioned it to a few people at the MSI fundraiser yesterday. I've been working on an adapter for the new collapsible Magpul SL stock. I designed a spacer (about 2.75") to hit 29". Ok, so this is like all the other long LOP solutions? Nope! It can work like what I did for the MPX. I can cut another notch in the slider to stop about 2.75" shorter and maintain the orig LOP yet still be able to extend to 29".
    Right now the spacer is only 10mm as it prints quick and I'm dialing in the fit on both sides (It's a PITA to fit all the curves and bends in the Magpul stock!) Have gen 5 on the printer now and I think it should be the one. Then I'll stretch it to the required length and print the first full length one - tomorrow hopefully. I still need to source screws but I have an idea for that.
    One of the benefits is that as an extendible stock (and not a folder) it's not an evil feature and you can still use a suppressor.
    Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Have you guys seen this?

Thank you. News to me!

My issue is I have a trust, so even the free stamp means I would have an SBR outside of the trust. And cost $200 to transfer it in.

At this point I am waiting for the dust to settle. I have a very nice B&T collapsible brace that can be converted to a stock, but won't meet the 29" rule.

Bander

May 6, 2023
    Westminster, Maryland
    I bought the same stock thinking to do the same, but never quite got around to actually modeling this up in CAD - mostly because I am not that good at CAD.

If you ever do finish this I’d be interested in buying the STL from you so I could print this myself.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thank you. News to me!

My issue is I have a trust, so even the free stamp means I would have an SBR outside of the trust. And cost $200 to transfer it in.

At this point I am waiting for the dust to settle. I have a very nice B&T collapsible brace that can be converted to a stock, but won't meet the 29" rule.
    Yeah, me too. Besides, I'd rather move out of the state and turn my AR9 pistols into righteous SBRs through my trust.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    In anticipation of the brace ban, I paid the $200 and made a 29" SBR. As it turned out, I could have kept the brace and gotten a free tax stamp.
    Finally caved in and aginst my better judgement I submitted my SP5K last night for a free tax stamp thru SilencerShop. MD braced pistol, federal SBR. Woefully short of 29”, would still love to figue out how to MD SBR this thing, but shouldered braced pistol will work for now I guess.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Finally caved in and aginst my better judgement I submitted my SP5K last night for a free tax stamp thru SilencerShop. MD braced pistol, federal SBR. Woefully short of 29”, would still love to figue out how to MD SBR this thing, but shouldered braced pistol will work for now I guess.
    I did 11 stamps Sunday night, would not want to have visit and get nailed for constructive intent with non SBR lowers with SBR uppers near by :innocent0

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I did 11 stamps Sunday night, would not want to have visit and get nailed for constructive intent with non SBR lowers with SBR uppers near by :innocent0
    I did 3 (2 others in addition to the HK). Honestly didn’t really care at first and wasn’t going to do anything about any of them. I then thought, with how easy SilencerShop makes it, why not?

The HK will probably remain as the MD legal braced pistol, as will my 7-1/2” Springfield Saint, but I would really like to go full-blown SBR with my Zion-15 pistol.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I did 3 (2 others in addition to the HK). Honestly didn’t really care at first and wasn’t going to do anything about any of them. I then thought, with how easy SilencerShop makes it, why not?

The HK will probably remain as the MD legal braced pistol, as will my 7-1/2” Springfield Saint, but I would really like to go full-blown SBR with my Zion-15 pistol.
    I thought about doing themm through Silencer shop but 11 @ $50 each added up quick, I went got my prints done to get an ETF file and once I navigated the ATF form it was pretty easy and not as time consuming as I thought.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I thought about doing themm through Silencer shop but 11 @ $50 each added up quick, I went got my prints done to get an ETF file and once I navigated the ATF form it was pretty easy and not as time consuming as I thought.
    It’s believed that they don’t even run the prints. They accepted my smudged DIY prints on the fingerprint cards I got from them for free.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    It’s believed that they don’t even run the prints. They accepted my smudged DIY prints on the fingerprint cards I got from them for free.
    That is eleven set of DIY prints, now I have ETF for others in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom