• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Just got mine, and the game portion of it seems straight forward.

I'd like to put in for the waterfowl and goose lottery also, but wasn't sure which blind sites (other than the field blinds in Huntingtown) can be accessible by walking.

I know the blind site at Hall Creek looks pretty far from the parking lot, but doesn't look too accessible from land.

Is it even worth trying considering I don't have a boat (or decoys)?

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    You'll need decoys. I tried that on three different days a few years ago. I never got any birds, but I also didn't have ideal weather. Each time, returning to my car I was checked by a state police officer--the same exact person!

Each time, he called in my license to some sort of dispatcher to make sure it was legitimate (even though the second two times he'd already done that). He also rummaged through all of my stuff for about fifteen minutes. He also made me disassemble the tube for my pump shotgun to remove the plug I had in there all three times.

I'm all in favor of the game laws, including the prohibition against using lead to hunt waterfowl, but after having the same exact cop hold me up and make me feel uncomfortable for 30+ minutes, I decided to no longer use the reserved blinds down there. I was always polite and forthcoming with this guy, but he made a point to make me uncomfortable.

One thing I love about hunting is the peace I feel while out in nature. Having to deal with a bully cop was a total buzz kill.

So yeah, give it a go but be prepared to have a non-consensual encounter with the police afterwards.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I guess not shooting the last two times made you not want to come to my blind anymore? Lol

lol Quite the opposite actually. It made me want to get out there more.

I just didn't know there was a lottery on these blinds until I got the paperwork. I'm still debating if I should even try.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Can't hurt. Depending on who all wants to go on the 8th, I may have room. Might hit a spot on the shore too, if you're interested.

5amhunt

Dark And Early
    Oct 10, 2014
    Cedar point is walkable. It is a disabled blind but if it isn't reserved by Friday? It is available to the public. Nanjameoy has a blind that is a little of a hike. In my free time I've been creating a website just for this reason. If you want to check it out it's still in beta. Dev.5amhunt.com - go under features and select waterfowl blind and it will show you all the places that have blinds available

Not sure if posting a personal web page is wrong in really sorry if this not kosher. I just though it would help. I don't want to come off as a self promoter. I have been lurking for a year or two now and created an account in the last month to try to join the conversation. I am 27yr old hunter out of moco who just started hunting in the last two years. Have found a lot of great info on this site and a lot DEFINETLY put me in the right direction. Hope to join in more here thanks for all the past information!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom