• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Even though prices for ammo seem to be coming down slowly, I can't seem to even find anyplace that has even overpriced .300 AAC in stock. Anyone know where this stuff can be found (preferably not overpriced, though!)?

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Even though prices for ammo seem to be coming down slowly, I can't seem to even find anyplace that has even overpriced .300 AAC in stock. Anyone know where this stuff can be found (preferably not overpriced, though!)?

The supply on Gunbroker is pretty good... but expect to pay 2x+ MSRP. I can't bring myself to pay those prices. Thus, my supply is pretty dry at his point... down to about 2-300 rounds of subs and no supersonics. It's a shame since it is probably my favorite gun to shoot. I'm shooting it very sparingly these days.

Engage generally stocked it pre-Newtown, but I have not seen any in there since then.

So begins the fading out of .300blk

I strongly disagree. Ammo is unavailable because the demand is growing faster than the supply is growing... that's hardy the hallmark of a dying cartridge. In addition, there are several new ammo producers getting into the 300blk game.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If lack of ammo on the shelves is your benchmark for a fading caliber, I'm really going to miss .22LR. ;)

Agreed.

Another reason to get into hand loading, IMO. Strangely enough, I can find plenty of 300BLK..., in my ammo closet. :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm hoping 300AAC goes mainstream once the hysteria calms down. (By mainstream I mean it's available at Wally World)

Wouldn't hurt my feelings none.

It'd give me a break from prepping brass. God that sucks..., but nature of the beast.

ZX672

Feb 21, 2010
    Olney
    Before the madness, 300blk/Remington ammo was consistently available through MidwayUSA at a fair price. IF things calm down, hopefully it will get back to normal.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I doubt the 300AAC will ever go away due to the high availability of the brass and 30 cal bullets...

Agreed.

It may not be destined to be as widely accepted/available as say 5.56, but I have no doubt that it'll be around for some years to come.

Wouldn't be building multiple uppers chambered in it if I wasn't sure it'd be around for a while.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I was buying it from PSA for 12 $ a box.

I bought a bunch from them at that price... they were also selling the 220gr subsonics at $19. Fear not, the deals will return... it will just take a little patience.

I feel sorry for the people just getting into the game. I have a cousin who just graduated college and is starting a new job. He wants an AR, but can't afford the gun or ammo in this market. All he has is a 9mm pistol and he can't even get ammo for that without overpaying. 5 years ago, he would have had no problems at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom