• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I am sitting on a metric ton of .22lr and .22 shorts. I have a Remington 572 that I love to shoot, a H&R 929 that I love as well. Yesterday I bought a dedicated .22 short pistol, an Astra Cub. Cant wait to pick it up and make it go pew pew.

Time to order more magazines

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    You know we're going to want pictures of the new pistol, with someone's foot, correct?

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    You know we're going to want pictures of the new pistol, with someone's foot, correct?

I'll post the pic, when I pick it up.

Have to wait until January, I bought 2 revolvers last month.

Finally filled out and sent in my Designated Collector application. My 2 brain cells fired up and connected. Cant believe that I neglected to do this for so long.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    .22’s are just a ton of cheap fun. Looking forward to some pictures.

They ARE indeed a ton of cheap fun! For years, my mindset was "it's just a .22." Then it occured to me that I had a "just a .22" of some sort in my hands more often than any other. That led to buying better glass and some better .22's.

I'd be willing to bet that many hunt with a .22, and many more will often or will always take a .22 on most range trips.

Treat yourself to at least one .22 you really like. Maybe an Annie if that's your thing. Or a Tikka or CZ. Or a classic from years past. Maybe a K22 revolver. Hell, even a Colt Diamondback looks more affordable, when you consider that decent ammo can be had for typically 300% less than anything made that's centerfire. Over the years, and if you use it, the ammo "savings" take a chunk out of the overall cost of the gun. Or at least that's my convincing lie, where a convincing lie to self may be warranted. :)

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    They ARE indeed a ton of cheap fun! For years, my mindset was "it's just a .22." Then it occured to me that I had a .22 of some sort in my hands more often than any other. That led to buying better glass and some better .22's.

I'd be willing to bet that many hunt with a .22, and many more will often or will always take a .22 on most range trips.

Treat yourself to at least one .22 you really like. Maybe an Annie if that's your thing. Or a Tikka or CZ. Or a classic from years past. Maybe a K22 revolver. Hell, even a Colt Diamondback looks more affordable, when you consider that decent ammo can be had for typically 300% less than anything made that's centerfire. Over the years, and if you use it, the ammo "savings" take a chunk out of the overall cost of the gun. Or at least that's my convincing lie, where a convincing lie to self may be warranted. :)
    I’ve spent more on .22s in the last two years than any other caliber, and I’m about to spend a lot more on a Vudoo or Bergarra build.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I was standing next to you when you were checking out that pistol. I was waiting to see the Beretta Tomcats. Pretty little gun.

I remember you saying you would have to wait until Jan to pick it up. Atlantic was really hopping yesterday

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I’ve spent more on .22s in the last two years than any other caliber, and I’m about to spend a lot more on a Vudoo or Bergarra build.

Sounds good!

Sooooo many different ways to go with rimfire. Maybe my imagination, but it seems to be a later in life awakening for a number of folks. Something draws gun folks to where you return in some form or fashion, to what you likely started with.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I was standing next to you when you were checking out that pistol. I was waiting to see the Beretta Tomcats. Pretty little gun.

I remember you saying you would have to wait until Jan to pick it up. Atlantic was really hopping yesterday
    Haven't been in there when it hasn't been busy. They have had plenty of new and used inventory. So far, I have bought a 2.5 inch 627, a Model 19-2, a Model 18-2 and the Astra.
    Trying to spread the $$ around, I picked up a Walther P5 from United.

Never thought that I would find a silver lining in my oldest daughter dating, but...her beau's family has a range on their property. Going to shoot the 18-2 this weekend. It's the only recent purchase that hasn't been shot yet.

Did you pick up the Tomcat?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Haven't been in there when it hasn't been busy. They have had plenty of new and used inventory. So far, I have bought a 2.5 inch 627, a Model 19-2, a Model 18-2 and the Astra.
    Trying to spread the $$ around, I picked up a Walther P5 from United.

Never thought that I would find a silver lining in my oldest daughter dating, but...her beau's family has a range on their property. Going to shoot the 18-2 this weekend. It's the only recent purchase that hasn't been shot yet.

Did you pick up the Tomcat?
    No I didn't. Maybe next week. I ended up at Engage and bought a Girsan p35 (Hi Power clone). I've been looking for one for months.

Congrats on that silver lining. That's a good one.

This is what I ended up getting.

ras61

Nov 13, 2013
    There's something special about a .22, takes us back to our introduction to firearms, and just has an eternal cool factor

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I want a nice .22 rifle, maybe an Annie, but I need a place to shoot it before I drop the cash.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Stopped by Atlantic Guns today. Saw a Mauser HSC in 7.65/.32acp and I bought it.

It is a little rough, was a little more $ than I had on my "wish list", but it was there and I bought it.

It will come home with the Astra in a few weeks

Yes, I know, pics. As soon as I get them home, I will post.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    And here they are. I brought these little guys home today.

During the wait to pick them up, I bought extra mags and a holster for the Mauser. Batting 50% on extra mags for these. Mauser mag is spot on. Astra mag is a .22lr even though the bay seller listed it as .22 short

Attachments

• IMG_20230131_145406.jpg
      IMG_20230131_145406.jpg
      214.5 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads