• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    A friend who is an FFL just got his Maryland LTCH renewed and showed it to me today. MSP refused to give him an unrestricted permit like he originally had. He thinks possibly as payback for him calling politicians and causing them trouble for being over 90 days behind on getting his renewal app processed.

But, anyway, he got a restricted permit. On the restrictions on the back the permit is very clear. The permit is only valid when he is transporting cash, or firearm(s).

Yes, the State of Maryland issued someone a permit to carry a gun, with a restriction spelled out on the back that it is only valid when he is carrying a gun.

Unreal. Just, unreal.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Maybe

someone in the licensing/state police wants everyone to carry and it's their way to get around all the political BS. No restrictions.

Maybe - but we can only hope.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Hell, I'll take one of those. I'll never carry without a firearm! Asshat bureaucrats! Obviously, they belong to the DAOM ("Dumb Asses of Maryland")!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Hell, I'll take one of those. I'll never carry without a firearm!

The only problem with that permit is if you ever screw up and carry a gun while not having a gun with you, the penalties are pretty severe. I hear it's even worse than being charged with driving without a car.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That is just pandering....I'm guessing they are gearing up for court cases and getting ready to stand on G&S with restrictions.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

The FFL'S that I know also have Restricted Carry Permits...

Good & Substantial in Merry-Land =

To & From the Store...

To & From the Bank...

To & From Gun Shows...

And carry a whistle to call for help...

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Yes, the State of Maryland issued someone a permit to carry a gun, with a restriction spelled out on the back that it is only valid when he is carrying a gun.

Sounds like the powers to be have decided that there shall be no more unrestricted CCW in Maryland.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I'm curious if they are delaying to try and get current apps have to reapply with the new requirements. I have a valid G&S and got a response on wanting a letter from my bank. I submitted lots of corporate docs and they ask for a bank letter? I got this response via email Wednesday and am waiting for the official letter. He stated I have 30 days to respond. My guess is they are trying to drag these out.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I suspect that MSP meant to say " while transporting firearms as merchandise during the course of business " , as opposed to the shortened version on the card.

But MSP retaliate against FFLs who not only don't toe the line , but directly confront them ? Nah , they wouldn't do that. ( Sarcasm)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm curious if they are delaying to try and get current apps have to reapply with the new requirements. I have a valid G&S and got a response on wanting a letter from my bank. I submitted lots of corporate docs and they ask for a bank letter? I got this response via email Wednesday and am waiting for the official letter. He stated I have 30 days to respond. My guess is they are trying to drag these out.

Not sure what is up. Remember they also have new commander in that division who has to sign off on all of these in the end as well.

My friend told me that he had had all of his renewal paperwork in for 90+ days and his file was untouched when he first called to check on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom