• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Cyber warfare

The Russian influence groups and now Iranians salivate for incidents like this. It was easy to stoke people's passions. I am trying to figure out how this guy earn that much trust in the veracity of his story. People could have gotten killed over this and all the 2nd Revolution buggaloo stuff. At least the discussion is rational here.

To the other guy The police shouldn't be the first call but you can only make that determination by what he said. His words and actions will dictate the response.

"The Russian influence groups and now Iranians salivate for incidents like this"

I think that is a legitimate concern. Countries like them and Venezuela will gleefully stir up anything to wreak havoc in the USA. If there is going to be any credibility in those social media compost piles, they should be providing confidence values for posts. I'm not too savvy on those things, but I'd start with IP locations and try to sniff out VPN users. Those account posts would not be rated as reliable in my book.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm still at a point of insufficient data to have any conclusions yet .

Looking at the initial police timeline , the situation was said to be initiated by non-existent gunfire, and the various warrants were issued after the fact .

Was he a generic dirtbag , and came up with a perfect 2A related cover story on the fly in mid siege ?

Was it actually a PD wanting to make a name for being ahead of the curve in aggressively enforcing the NY Safe Act , and upon encountering unexpected high profile pushback , retroactively pileing on inherently heinous charges to CYA ?

In either of those extremes , these would be textbook spinning .

Was all this actually somthing else entirely , unrelated to either extreme ? We don't know yet .

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I'd start with IP locations and try to sniff out VPN users. Those account posts would not be rated as reliable in my book.

I post from a VPN for security. Please take this into account. This post in unreliable. VPN has no use in security. :innocent0

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Precis of the press release above. Go back and read ALL the words; they are important!
    Booth may have been involved in a prior domestic incident.
    The investigating officer "thought he heard a shot" (?) and called for backup.
    Backup arrives; Booth goes bananas and locks himself in his home.
    SWAT (!) and Negotiators arrive and work the scene.
    Booth is taken into custody, charged because of the domestic with:
    Burglary 2; Criminal Trespass; Criminal Contempt 2; Aggravated Harassment 2; and Petit Larceny.
    NO guns or mags were found.

Sounds like baby momma was upset with him and called the cops, and Booth mouthed off at all and sundry as he was leaving. Momma subsequently discovered he took her prize hog with him (the Petit Larceny). But...

This is exactly the kind of scenario that could start CW II, IMO, depending on where it happens. In Putnam County not so much, but in Harlem? There is more distrust of Gummint and Police than at any time I can remember, and social media spreads real and fake news at the speed of light. People are willing to believe the worst, and some are ready to start a fight.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I post from a VPN for security. Please take this into account. This post in unreliable. VPN has no use in security. :innocent0

A VPN is fantasy if the source or destination is compromised. Then you're just transmitting and receiving garbage through a secure channel.

Ponder that.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    A VPN is fantasy if the source or destination is compromised. Then you're just transmitting and receiving garbage through a secure channel.

Ponder that.

It depends on where the attacker is though.

Yes, you are right, if the VPN server is compromised, then yes, it's worthless. On the flip side; however, if I am using public Wifi and someone is sniffing my connection, they won't be able to see what I'm sending and receiving. Same with a hotel or other business. They can't monitor my wifi traffic.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Well I saw this write-up

https://news.unclesamsmisguidedchil...s-turn-bad-situation-into-potential-disaster/

Booth is reportedly a veteran and may have some form of PTSD. But he also has been known to beat his wife, which is actually why police were there on Saturday: to serve a warrant for his arrest. They were not there to confiscate any 30 round magazine, and he knew it. They knew it too – his guns were confiscated previously from the domestic violence (which isn’t to say he couldn’t have re-upped his weapons).

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Sounds like baby momma was upset with him and called the cops, and Booth mouthed off at all and sundry as he was leaving..

I've been thinking this for the past 5 pages. Who wants to bet that the "military friend" that dropped the dime is the same guy Booth's baby momma is banging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom